Author Topic: Admin Issue  (Read 1419 times)

Offline GeneralMitch

Admin Issue
« on: March 18, 2011, 08:38:59 PM »
I know you guys must get bored of this .... But   All I need is this admin to work and my servers set...
 I renamed those files....... and  I restarted server and it did  recreate them... My info is in the users area... but still   doesnt give me admin :(

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Admin Issue
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 09:34:15 AM »
No idea what you mean by files renamed, none of the steps for getting access in ULX require renaming any files.
See and follow http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,383.0.html
 - then get back to us when it works, or with the steps that indicate how to report your issue if it doesn't
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline RT_Charger_69

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 01:31:24 PM »
I think he is having the same issue as me. I think what he means by 'renaming files' is renaming groups.txt and the other one (The elusive "Step 4.")

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 05:09:37 PM »
One problem with step 4 is, you have to make sure steps 1-3 were done first (and properly helps)
Everyone seems to be forgetting step 5 also. Difficult to help if only some steps are being done.

We're not so bored with people, we get frustrated because many pick and choose what steps to follow or do.
We know they're not following all of them because #5 is never done 90%+ of the time.
Occasionally, we have people tell us 'oh i tried that and got x error', but, almost never at first.
So, yeah, never bored, just frustrating.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming