Author Topic: Steam Error!!! (Fixed)  (Read 2893 times)

Offline LuaTenshi

• Just your ordinary moon angel!
    • Mirai.Red
Steam Error!!! (Fixed)
« on: July 15, 2011, 09:18:52 PM »
Am I the only one getting this error? (I will be posting this on the csBuild forums as well.)

I see friends who are online on steam as offline. Their steam group page also says that they are online how ever I am not blocked and my steam friends page says that they are offline. I have asked them to block and unblock me, and I am still having the same problem.

I have also just noticed that I can not enter any group chats, and when I start/restart steam it says that I am using a different computer and asks me to enter a verification code.

Even when I am logged into steam I am asked to log-in again on the steam community.

I don't know what to do anymore I am afraid that my account has been hacked. I also stumbled upon people with similar problems.

View these images for proof. I did not edit them in any way except for cropping.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 07:53:50 PM by HeLLFox_15 »
I cry every time I see that I am not a respected member of this community.

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
Re: Steam Error!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 11:01:06 PM »
Steam has been kind of glitchy ever since they started doing the new security stuff. My suggestion to you would be to restart steam and your computer and if that doesn't fix the problem you'll need to submit a trouble ticket to steam to have them investigate the issue further.

Offline LuaTenshi

• Just your ordinary moon angel!
    • Mirai.Red
Re: Steam Error!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 02:41:27 AM »
Steam has been kind of glitchy ever since they started doing the new security stuff. My suggestion to you would be to restart steam and your computer and if that doesn't fix the problem you'll need to submit a trouble ticket to steam to have them investigate the issue further.

Yes, restarting your computer and steam works. I also cleared my steam cache and cookies for good measure.

So yes its one or both of them.
I cry every time I see that I am not a respected member of this community.