ULX

Author Topic: S939 motherboards needed  (Read 2628 times)

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
S939 motherboards needed
« on: September 01, 2011, 05:38:19 PM »
So, yeah, I don't live near 99% of our community, but I'm cheap and don't want to pay what I'm finding online just to build two older systems that are absolutely capable of medium gfx gaming and web surfing.

Have a closet full of older parts?
I'm searching for two motherboards for less than $40 each.
Socket 939 (Opteron / Athlon 64 )
Must be working.
Need SLI capable. (2x PCI-e x8 minimum)
SLI bridge would be nice, but I can search for those elsewhere.
I/O back plate would be nice, but not required.
Would prefer Nvidia Nforce4 chipset (Willing to research others, no SiS please)
Integrated LAN port a must. Gigabit a plus.
Two Sata ports minimum.
4 memory slots minimum.
I like Asus, ASRock, Gigabyte. Other brands could be researched but I trust those.

Thanks for searching your parts attic/closet/bins/drawers and letting me help clean them out.

Now, don't waste your and my time explaining I can get cheap barebones systems that are modern and 10x times faster for what I'm willing to pay for two S939 motherboards..
I know that. I have the CPUs/drives/memory and other parts I'm trying to clean out of my closet.. I'm just missing two motherboards. (One mb died, another CPU was inherited)
I figure if I can sell two systems for a couple hundred using the MBs I've obtained, then I can build out a super duper barebones system for my wife. :)
(and actually, one of the CPUs would be a major performance upgrade towards what she has now)
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Re: S939 motherboards needed
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 08:12:37 PM »
Just threw out a few of these. :(
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 01:59:14 PM »
Of course you did.
Murphy's laws of clutter insist that any item for which you've kept long past it's personal need will be required by oneself or requested by close acquaintance after having been disposed of.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 08:16:23 AM »
Still looking... :)

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 05:40:19 PM »
Don't look at me, between massive flood damage and moving, I think I've sold/thrown out half of what I previously owned. (I consider this a good thing to be honest! Well, not the flood part.)

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 06:00:44 PM »

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 06:29:08 PM »
Torrential rains plus lazy contractors building houses. Not a good mix :P. A lot of my older things ended up in the water for a few days (happened while we were away).

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 07:23:42 PM »
Torrential rains plus lazy contractors building houses. Not a good mix :P. A lot of my older things ended up in the water for a few days (happened while we were away).
Sorry to hear that, really I am.

I understand the lazy contractors. I don't know if you remember/ever noticed that slight crease in the ceiling drywall tape above my desk.. turned out to be a slow leak..been going on since house was built.
They didn't seal where the furnace exhaust pipe (we have natural gas) comes out of the flashing above the roof.
Wind blown rain, or splashing off the boot at roof level, would drip down pipe, fall at ~70 degree elbow onto ceiling above me.
*sigh* 2 years out of 1 year developers house warranty.

I noticed the crease, figured it was due to heat expansion..had never seen drips.
This last batch of rain about 4 weeks ago that lasted 2 days straight, noticed drips.