Author Topic: Garry's Mod Beta  (Read 44008 times)

Offline Munch

Re: Garry's Mod Beta
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2012, 07:29:57 PM »
I'm getting this error when I use the addon on my server:

And nothing ULX based seems to work, at all. I tried "ulx help" in the console and it returned:
Unknown command: ulx

Great progress with porting this to GM13 so far though. :)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 07:35:01 PM by Munch »

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
  • What even IS software anymore?
    • XGUI
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2012, 07:38:43 PM »
I'm getting this error when I use the addon on my server:

https://github.com/Nayruden/Ulysses/blob/GM13/ulib/lua/ulib/cl_init.lua

Referencing that error to what's on github above, you're not running the latest code. You may want to double-check that! :P
Join our Team Ulysses community discord! https://discord.gg/gR4Uye6

Offline pa1n

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2012, 05:39:03 PM »
Is their an svn for this download? I'm not sure how to download the updated files as when I manually download them I can't get ulx to load or start.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2012, 07:39:33 PM »
pa1n, I sincerely mean no disrespect, in text, no matter how much I try to show concern on my face of trying to not hurt one's feelings;, but, if you are unable to determine how to go about updating from the methods and links within this topics posts, then you probably are not the tech savvy individual the beta code, of GMod Beta, OR Ulysses code, the test releases are meant for.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline pa1n

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2012, 12:00:39 AM »
Way to welcome someone new to the community. I know I signed up a few years ago but changed my mind in running a server until recently. Thanks for the disrespect for a new server owner though. It makes the community here seem very welcoming.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 12:09:08 AM by pa1n »

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2012, 03:21:10 AM »
What Jam was trying to say was that there is no easy release for the beta code as it is not meant to be used by the general public. Meg posted the Git repository so that developers could start to look at the changes.  All we are saying is that what is available for the beta is not meant for public use right now and if you can't figure out how to make it work with what you are provided then you should just wait until it is released because we are not going to waste time providing support for a beta (mostly closed) project.

Jam is not a disrespectful person, none of the staff here are.

The deal is.. if we spent the time holding everyone's hand that required more than normal help, nothing would ever get done.

Wait for a release, if you can't figure out how to use GitHub.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2012, 10:16:02 AM »
I fully support the views of both JamminR and Mr. P.

But to directly answer your question, SVN for the GM13 beta is available at https://github.com/Nayruden/Ulysses.git/branches/GM13/ulx and https://github.com/Nayruden/Ulysses.git/branches/GM13/ulib.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline Declivity

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2012, 04:58:05 PM »
will ULX be ready for GM13? almost all of my mods rely on it.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2012, 05:10:54 PM »
Much of our github code links listed already work with Gmod Beta to my knowledge.
Stickly Man is working when possible to get XGUI working (ULX does NOT require XGUI...XGUI just makes it that much nicer to work with).
As with any Gmod update, we release as soon as we can, but, as soon as we can is only when we feel it's ready for 'release' stage.
Github and SVN are often useable within days after, if not before.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
    • XGUI
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2012, 09:33:58 PM »
I just updated the GIT-- There was a small change in the last GM13 update that prevented ULX from working. Also, I found the (rather stupid) issue of why XGUI wasn't showing up. So yay! You should at least be able to use XGUI without major explosions! ... I hope.

Offline Mors Quaedam

« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2012, 07:52:05 AM »
Slight issue - I can't see any commands in the ULX menu (e.g. if I click on 'fun' it shows up blank), and if I were to try manually changing team colours I get a derp from the xgui causing me to disconnect.

Offline iSnipeu

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2012, 08:09:44 AM »
Can we please change the ulx map to use the "changelevel" command to change map?, the one it is currently using (map) kicks all players with the reason "Server shutting down."

Thanks.

I get a derp from the xgui causing me to disconnect.

Just incase you didn't know, setting sv_kickerrornum to 0 will stop you being kicked for "Too many Lua Errors!" (serverside convar).
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 01:48:44 PM by iSnipeu »

Offline gaz492

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2012, 02:52:25 PM »
is there a menu besides xgui? like there was before. Ive not used this mod for 2 years

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
    • XGUI
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2012, 03:10:36 PM »
Slight issue - I can't see any commands in the ULX menu (e.g. if I click on 'fun' it shows up blank), and if I were to try manually changing team colours I get a derp from the xgui causing me to disconnect.

I am aware-- there are many things in XGUI that are not functioning properly, I just need to get more time to fix them.

Can we please change the ulx map to use the "changelevel" command to change map?, the one it is currently using (map) kicks all players with the reason "Server shutting down."

Thanks for the heads up, I just fixed this and pushed the update to git a few minutes ago. Works with changing the gamemode as well!

is there a menu besides xgui? like there was before. Ive not used this mod for 2 years

Nope, not that I'm aware of anyways. Until XGUI is fixed, ULX should be pretty much entirely functional via console commands.

Offline gaz492

« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2012, 03:45:21 PM »
I am aware-- there are many things in XGUI that are not functioning properly, I just need to get more time to fix them.

Thanks for the heads up, I just fixed this and pushed the update to git a few minutes ago. Works with changing the gamemode as well!

Nope, not that I'm aware of anyways. Until XGUI is fixed, ULX should be pretty much entirely functional via console commands.

ok thanks, some of my admins are derps. (hopefully they will learn)