ULX

Author Topic: Utime lua error  (Read 2372 times)

Offline Luigi

Utime lua error
« on: December 18, 2011, 07:41:09 AM »
So I have this lua error:

It gives this error about every half second to a second.

And it's on a sandbox build server that I really like to play on, but the downside is this error and it only appears on that specific server.
I have informed the server owner if he knows that to do or to delete my Utime file but he said everything was client side and that clearing out my cache file might solve the problem. But it didn't. They also said I had to remove cl_utime.lua from my addon folder but I never had utime.

So my question is, how do I solve this problem?

I have been looking on the internet and found out very few people have this kind of error and none of them have been answered clearly or the solution didn't work for me.

Thanks for your time,

Luigi

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Utime lua error
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 11:23:36 AM »
Does your server host use UTime or one of it derivatives? (There were several due to its popularity)
Though removing files from your local client may fix it temporarily, as soon as you connect to a server running it, whatever is causing conflict on your machine (if it's running ok for others) will return as soon as you connect to the server again.

Try checking the local files on your machine.
<your_gmod_folder>/cache/dua <-- remove/delete all files (they get redownloaded when connecting to a server)
<your_gmod_folder>/addons/UTime <-- remove/backup to somewhere else
<your_gmod_folder>/lua/autorun <-- any files there in any folder named cl_utime.

Though that error is indeed client, if other players aren't getting it and they are running UTime fine, then something on your installation is causing it.
Most likely a conflicting addon, perhaps even an older version of ULib itself.

EDIT - Also, perhaps you didn't search our forum well enough.
I found this searching for "upvalue gpanel" - http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,4445.msg20278.html#msg20278
Its a fix that would need to be done on any server running an old version if the fixes above for you didn't work.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 11:28:07 AM by JamminR »
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Luigi

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 12:09:07 PM »
I don't have the error on other server even if I haven't cleared out my cache file.
My addon folder is pretty basic. It's like:
-Adv duplicator
-PAC
-phx3
-smartsnap
-toybox
-Wire
-Wire model pack 1

I tried the join with only phx3, wire and wire model pack 1 and I still have the error.
And in my lua file, I don't even have a file 'autorun' and I have my hidden files shown  ;D

So that leaves one option left, and thats asking the server owner what version of Utime he is running and to check if the modification of RynO-SauruS has been done to that version. I'll post it as soon as possible.

Also, I don't understand why only I have that error on that specific server.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 12:34:01 PM »
PAC caused lots of issues for us devs here including one 'upvalue - glon' error.
Try shutting down your game and Steam.
Remove PAC and cache files.
Restart steam/gmod and join server.

If that fixes, PAC is primary issue.

If the server you're joining uses PAC, see if you can find a newer version.
I've no idea if a improved version of PAC was ever made that didn't cause the errors we saw.
Not just UTime, but other stuff too.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Luigi

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 09:05:13 AM »
I can't believe it. PAC did cause the error  :-\
Never thought that was the problem.

Thank you so much!  ;D

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 02:00:08 PM »
You're welcome. Enjoy playing error free on your favorite server, and let the host running UTime know about this (or any of our other 'upvalue' mentioned error threads)s and issues with PAC.

An Error Has Occurred!

array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given