ULX

Author Topic: Few questions  (Read 2699 times)

Offline Mathew75

Few questions
« on: March 08, 2012, 09:08:45 AM »
Hello, I'm gonna be running a community called VTech. And the gamemode will be DarkRP. Now I'm planing on using your guys admin menu for sure. But theres a few things I want to edit.

1) How do I disable the public carves like (Someone) gave <Player> superadmin! or like (Someone) banned <Player> for 1440 mins! So you get the point, is there a way I can make this private as in only Admin+ can see this?

2) I'm gonna have one 1 Donator group and I'm wondering if there's anyway I can set there own prop limit from others?

Thank you.

Offline Aaron113

Re: Few questions
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 06:18:07 PM »
1) How do I disable the public carves like (Someone) gave <Player> superadmin! or like (Someone) banned <Player> for 1440 mins! So you get the point, is there a way I can make this private as in only Admin+ can see this?
There is a cvar in your ulx config file.  Just toggle it to the appropriate setting.  I believe there is also a command that you give people access to so they can see the echos.  I don't know the exact folders/files/cvars or I'd be more exact.

2) I'm gonna have one 1 Donator group and I'm wondering if there's anyway I can set there own prop limit from others
URS Beta does exactly this along with tool and prop restrictions (specific to ulx groups at the moment).  I have plans to rewrite this completely for Gmod 13, although I haven't gotten far on that yet.

Offline Mathew75

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 07:54:01 PM »
Anyone that may know where? the toggle command for the echo? Thanks Aaron113

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 08:03:54 AM »
gmod_root/data/ulx/confix.txt

Around line 30 change ulx logEcho to 1 if it isn't already.  Then there should be a command, which I'm sure you can figure it out through XGUI, that you give people access to.  It is defaulted to 1, so this may already be like you're asking and you just don't realize it.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 09:48:59 AM »
gmod_root/data/ulx/confix.txt

Additionally all, if the file isn't there, don't panic...just copy it TO that location from gmod/addons/ulx/data/ ... again, copy it to where Aaron says first, don't edit the file in addons.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Mathew75

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 10:20:20 AM »
If I use 0, does that just show the echo to admins?

Also is there a way I can make my admins/donators groups global, if I have more then 1 server?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 10:28:11 AM by Mathew75 »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 12:37:02 PM »
If I use 0, does that just show the echo to admins?
Read the file. It explains quite well.

Also is there a way I can make my admins/donators groups global, if I have more then 1 server?
No easy way, no.
MrPresident released some code in our Developer's corner section of the forum that uses SQL and Lua
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Mathew75

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 11:19:07 AM »
MrPresident released some code in our Developer's corner section of the forum that uses SQL and Lua

Do you know when he will be releasing it?

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 02:34:44 PM »
Already released. as stated. It's in developers corner section of our forum.
You must know SQL and Lua to use.