Author Topic: Lé Website  (Read 4459 times)

Offline pikkip

Lé Website
« on: March 12, 2012, 04:18:55 PM »
Hello, In a time i've been thinking about why ulyssesmod.net dint have a favicon, so i just mixed some simple up, this will identify where the website link belongs to ex. in saved links or favorit menu.

hope you like it and will use it as the favicon

*NOTE*
If added, it takes some time before the website will use it, so be patient and nothing else is needed than the icon in the "/" folder.

:3

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?zzggm17ymlm4xc3

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
Re: Lé Website
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 01:22:14 PM »
thanks for making the favicon. I have also noticed how this website didn't have one.

As for the icon, though, I don't really think it fits. Here are my reasons why:

1. The website is not based on ULX alone. Sure, ULX may be the biggest reason people come here, but ULX is simply a mod build on the ULib framework. Much like UPPS or any other module you can find in the downloads forum.

2. Maybe it's just me, but it took me a few seconds to even realize the icon said ULX. I thought it was some weird fish-shaped object.

Anyway, that's just my opinion on the issue. I like the initiative though! :)

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 08:32:36 PM »
It's very cool! But, like Mr. P said, this site serves more than just ULX. :)
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline pikkip

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 09:37:14 AM »
Well, it was just made in 5 seconds, but if i am good to go make 1, i will use time on it ofc. Just tell me if its okay, before i start :-)

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 10:20:33 AM »
We'd love to have a favicon representative of our site. As long as we get consensus from the forum mods, we'll roll with it (forum mods being Mr. P, JamminR, Stickly Man, Jay, and myself).

Perhaps a stylized 'U' since everything we create starts with 'U'? :)

Offline pikkip

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 10:45:02 AM »
that can be possible d:

Tell me what u have in mind, and I'll try create it. ;3

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 11:34:39 AM »
Perhaps a stylized 'U' since everything we create starts with 'U'? :)

Offline pikkip

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 01:50:14 PM »
yes yes yes, i got that, but i was kinda asking what kind of style he had in mind? something that fits the blue color on the forum/frontpage and that?

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 03:03:22 PM »
Yes, matching the color scheme of the front page would be great. :)

Offline pikkip

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 05:30:51 AM »
Alright, give me some min. and i will see what i can do ;3 P.S.: if you ever need a web designer, i just finished learn php, html, css, css3, javascript(still learning a bit of it), and more;

So tell me if ya need 1, cause i was a day thinking about a easy way to make it enable to release new stuff, kinda like a table with colors that fits and easy to navigate, and lots of other things (can also make it enable on the forum login so you don't need to have 2 account to release it :D)

EDIT: http://www.mediafire.com/?7d53vdjzt5pd29u
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 06:09:40 AM by pikkip »

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2012, 09:10:01 AM »
While I still appreciate your initiative.. the icon just isn't very good quality. I think you are on the right track for sure, but the letter isn't proportionate, and it's blurry. It looks like you drew it and then scaled it down. Unfortunately this doesn't work for icons. You HAVE to do them at the pixel level. *yay Pixel art!*

Anyway.. I tried one out for size.. Check this out. I'm not trying to steal your thunder by any means, but we need something just a bit higher quality.

Boo! .ico isn't allowed.. 1 second.. have to upload this to my server I guess. lol

http://www.g4p.org/PettyDL/favicon.ico

*lets see if I can use img tags with an icon...

edit: YAY it worked! Also.. see what I did there? Ulysses may not revolve around ULX but it does to an extent revolve around lua.. so I took the U for Ulysses and animated the lua moon around it. I used http://www.favicon.cc/ to create it. It's not a bad web tool.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 09:11:46 AM by MrPresident »

Offline pikkip

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2012, 12:40:31 PM »
stop right there, so there IS something you wanted on it other than just matching the frontpage (P.S.: the low quality is good for a favicon cause its not gonna be scaled more than 16x16) anyway,

tell me everything you had in mind and i will make it completely after it (as good as i can)

P.S.: Give me every detail you want in it, also about the size u want it in and in more than 1 picture if its that u want. and that... bla bla bla

Let me hear from you!

P.P.S.: This is my website: http://xplayrs.com/ I am experimenting with some kinda of each thing, and tell me what u think about the favicon, it could be something simple as that so people always find it easily

or stuff like that... xD

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 01:36:19 PM »
The idea isn't to contract you into making an icon for us. The intent was that you wanted to make one and if we liked it we'd use it.

Also, even scaled down to 16x16 it looked pretty bad.

Also, you are speaking to a community of programmers and script writers. Here is my website (www.g4p.org) We know a little about these things too, you know. ;)

If we knew 'exactly' what we wanted... what is to stop us from doing it ourselves? I mean.. I whipped up the icon in my last post in literally 5 minutes. You offered to create a favicon for Ulysses and Megiddo offered to consider using it if we all agreed that it was worth using.

Offline pikkip

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2012, 02:07:10 PM »
alright, i get it, well, then i can't really do anything, i am still a bit to busy test a script to allow everything to drag/drop and stuff with no need to reshed and auto posting,

but i can see you don't need this, so good luck, and i was just thinking about it ofc ;3

P.S.: THAT post the gave me there, i got a dejavu about... in a dream... dono why, but srs scary...