Author Topic: Ulx broken after update, SuperAdmin+ steam auth ticket drops error 6  (Read 20845 times)

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
  • What even IS software anymore?
    • XGUI
Re: Ulx broken after update, SuperAdmin+ steam auth ticket drops error 6
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2012, 11:03:31 PM »
For those interested to know, we got a banlist from someone who was having this issue and put it on our own server. We traced it down to a ban entry that had a very large number for the unban time:

Code: [Select]
"STEAM_0:<numbers>"
{
<other stuff>
"unban" "8.2931441613731e+015"
}

By removing all of the other bans and testing, we crashed. By setting the unban value of this entry to "0", it worked fine. Megiddo traced the problem down to some of XGUIs code in handling the receiving of the ban data, which I later traced down to XGUI's clientside bans.lua file.

After searching the file for a bit, I realized that I was using os.date() to convert various times to something more pretty-- And if any of you have used os.date before, it can be.. unstable. After more prodding, I found that giving os.date() raw time values greater than 32535244799 (regardless of formatting tags) caused it to crash. Why the Garry's Mod update may have changed something is beyond me.

I'm working on a fix where any time os.date is called, cap the time value at 32535244799. I'll figure out a less hackish solution in the future. I hope to have the fix sometime tomorrow.

If you want to fix the problem right now, go to your garrysmod\data\ULib\bans.txt file, find any entries where the value of unban is greater than "32535244799" and set it to "0". (Be sure to keep the quotes. 0 will turn it into a permaban, but I'm pretty sure if the unban year is set to more than 3001, we'll all be dead anyways). Then just be careful not to ban anyone for too long until we get this fix pushed.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 11:07:19 PM by Stickly Man! »
Join our Team Ulysses community discord! https://discord.gg/gR4Uye6

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
    • XGUI
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2012, 09:43:27 AM »
The above fix should now be pushed to SVN! Update your working copy and let me know if it works for you.

Offline Watchout

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2012, 11:01:18 AM »
Apparently it wasnt put into svn says NFOservers

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
    • XGUI
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2012, 11:38:19 AM »
Apparently it wasnt put into svn says NFOservers

SVN rev. 193 has the fix. However, I did forget to change the ULX version (so it still says 3.53), so I've just committed rev 194 so ULX shows the correct version number.
If you don't want to wait for NFOservers to update the SVN for you, I'd recommend opening your garrysmod\data\bans.txt files and searching for any bans where "unban" is set to a really big number, and change it to "unban" "0", then restart the server.