Author Topic: Cpt. David's Build Server [Wiremod|FastDL]  (Read 2372 times)

Offline Cpt. David

Cpt. David's Build Server [Wiremod|FastDL]
« on: April 28, 2012, 04:32:36 PM »
Hey guys. I have a 24/7 build server running at the following IP address:

96.38.67.36:27015

This server has the following major addons:

ULX
ULib
Wiremod
UPS
PlayX
Easy Precision

The server has been up non-stop since February 24th, 2012, and has 10 slots and 0 reserved slots.

The server homepage is http://davidsserver.tcfreehost.net/.

This server has a major history, please take the time to read it if you are interested.

It all started on January 31st, 2012. I wanted to start a listen server and fool around with pony ragdoll models with a friend. My friend didn't want to play with the pony ragdoll models, but I started the server anyway. People started joining, and I started to like having players on my listen server. With time, I grew a minor player base. I started adding essentials like Wiremod, and Easy Precision. My server grew popular with some people. One day, Smiling and Cartman came along. Smiling joined my server when I was building something. He asked if I was a douche, but then I kicked him. Then Cartman joined after him, and I accidentally banned him. I added Cartman to my friends list, Smiling was laughing his ass off. I apologized to him, and it took 15 minutes to lift the accidental ban; but then after 15 minutes, they joined again. They both started to like my server. Later, I added ULX and ULib to my server, and I was surprised at all of the changes Megiddo and his team did. ULX was the best mod I have ever added after seeing how good it was with the XGUI. Anyway, Smiling and Cartman both got promoted to admin. One day, someone tried to crash the server by spamming. Cartman was quick to change the level thus saving the server, and he was promoted to super admin. Smiling later got promoted too. Then later, they both got promoted to co-owner, a custom rank I made. We all thought it would be a great idea to create a Steam group, so then I did it. Then after, Smiling made forums on webs.com, but I insisted that I should make the forums, Smiling agreed, and the forums were made. It took a while to get people on the forums.

On February 24th, 2012, a dedicated server was installed since I have grown tired of hosting a listen server. It was then decided that I started hosting a 24/7 dedicated server. After the installation, I started adding the essentials again, like ULX, ULib, Wiremod, etc. It was unfortunate that with time, Smiling and Cartman stopped coming to the server. After evolving of the server, by adding various other addons, on February 26th, 2012, Tevran came along. The best <censor> admin I have ever promoted. He is extremely loyal and is just a good admin. He made an application on the old forums which was successful. On March 2nd, 2012, about 3 days before my birthday, the servers would have came to an end if I didn't have that near miss with a tornado late at night. Later, I did something so stupid to Tevran that I had to compensate for it by promoting him to super admin. A few more weeks of evolving, and I screwed up the permissions with ULX. I asked Tevran to fix them. He went into the menu, and actually fixed them. Due to his loyalty, and work, and helpfulness, he was promoted to co-owner. Later in March, TornadoChas3r (a good man indeed) offered free FastDL on his web server, and I accepted. He spared a spot on his web server for small websites and FastDL. A little later in March, I started hosting a storm chasing server based on the gm_tornadohighway_mp map. Due to lack of players, I shut it down and converted it to a 24/7 Fretta server. Later, faxx came along. He was promoted to admin because he played on the server long enough, and I could trust him. He agreed to host a Spacebuild server on his PC. I went on Teamviewer and installed it. On April 7th, 2012, the new forums were created on TornadoChas3r's web server. It felt like I installed Windows. It took a little bit to actually get people to post on the forums, but I did it. Later in April, the Spacebuild server had to shut down due to lag, and lack of activity, and the fact that it is <censor> hard to maintain 3 servers at once. We then move from that point of time to today. Nothing really interesting happened since then. That seems to be all of the history my community, and my servers had. I plan to be hosting for quite a bit, and I don't plan on stopping what I like to do: to host a 24/7 build server that anyone can play on.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 02:51:23 PM by Cpt. David »
Derp.