Author Topic: Small question regarding XGUI status after GM13 update  (Read 1596 times)

Offline Samg381

• Owner- Samg381's Sandbox
    • Samg381's Sandbox Server
Small question regarding XGUI status after GM13 update
« on: November 13, 2012, 03:58:38 AM »
Hello all!
I have just finished finalizing my garrysmod server, and the last thing I need is ULX! I am a huge fan of it! I just have one question. Before I ask it though, I did do prior research on this topic, with little results, and I know it might make some of the team mad, but what is the progress with XGUI? Is is having problems? Can someone tell me what's going on with it? Im not asking when it will be done.

Thanks,
Samg381
Ulysses fan
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 02:09:43 PM by JamminR »

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Re: Small question.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 07:53:55 AM »
I'll let Stickly Man give a full answer, as he's the primary developer of XGUI. But I can tell you the main thing holding back XGUI in GM13 (and indeed, other Ulysses projects too) is lack of time and the number of breakages garry introduced (and continues to introduce) in the new version of gmod.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
  • What even IS software anymore?
    • XGUI
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 09:08:32 AM »
XGUI works for the most part-- there's just a few errors that occur when working with specific parts of the menu. And many things look odd lol. For the most part, the major issues are documented here: https://github.com/Nayruden/Ulysses/issues (Anything labeled "XGUI"). I believe there are a few issues I'm aware of that aren't on the list, but those are usually pretty minor things.

I would look at those issues to check where the iffy things are and just try to avoid them (adverts menu, especially). The worst case scenario if something bad happens would be a lua error on the client that makes a few things stop working, possibly followed by XGUI sticking open on the screen requiring you to rejoin the server. Just be sure to check for updates regularly or follow the Github project so you can receive notifications of updates! Hopefully I'll be able to get a chunk of stuff done over the next couple of days-- at least, after Thursday sometime.
Join our Team Ulysses community discord! https://discord.gg/gR4Uye6

Offline Samg381

• Owner- Samg381's Sandbox
    • Samg381's Sandbox Server
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 12:07:43 PM »
Wow, thanks guys! I really appriciate all the work you have done! I love this tool, and I hope you know I will use it untuil it isnt updated anymore. Also, I may be donating soon!

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 12:58:54 PM »
Also, I may be donating soon!

We would appreciate that! Ulysses costs us quite a bit, both in time and money (mainly web server costs). :)
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.