ULX

Author Topic: Getting a weird error and bein kicked when trying to ban people, need assistance  (Read 1963 times)

Offline PurpleVegeta

So I recently purchased a server with "ultimategamehost" and used their "addons" feature to add ulx. It was working fine, but today when all of my staff try to ban someone from the xgui !menu, they are kicked and receive this error message: Disconnect: "Too many Lua Errors! Sorry!". This seems to be only for banning, but it may be for other features that we haven't properly tested. I'm not sure how to code in LUA, but I can take instructions fairly well. Please help, for people are becoming frustrated.

Also, not sure why but the server has been randomly crashing today. It seems to happen every 2-3 hours. I haven't found any weird errors with that yet.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 01:58:53 PM by PurpleVegeta »

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Can you post the error you're getting here?
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline PurpleVegeta

I haven't found the specific error in the console logs but I'll look.

Also I just got this in-game:

exec userconfig.cfg: file size larger than 1 MB!
Host_WriteConfiguration: Wrote cfg/config.cfg
exec userconfig.cfg: file size larger than 1 MB!
Host_WriteConfiguration: Wrote cfg/config.cfg

Offline Adult

1. try running sv_kickerrornum 0, this should make it so it won't kick you when you get the error.
2. try adding it manually, without the host's addon manager
3. try using the console commands instead of the xgui.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
My guess, your hosting company may not have latest greatest code, along with some odd corruption or something of some config (hence the errors)
As adult states, #2 would fix the first issue.
No idea of the second.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
  • What even IS software anymore?
    • XGUI
Agreed, as far as I'm aware, there should be no errors when using XGUI with our current code base (updated 2 days ago). So, hopefully you can get the new version uploaded manually, or perhaps send a note to your host and have them get the latest code for all of their servers or however it works.
Join our Team Ulysses community discord! https://discord.gg/gR4Uye6