ULX

Author Topic: Where do I put Ulysses Addons?  (Read 1659 times)

Offline Zevoxa

Where do I put Ulysses Addons?
« on: February 05, 2013, 05:40:30 PM »
I'm slightly confused as I recently just started my first Garry's Mod Server. Let alone my first server, ever. So I'm sorry if I ask a lot of questions about server addons... So, back to my question. Do I put Ulysses Addons (i.e. Uban, UPS, URS, Utime, etc.) somewhere in the ULib or ULX folders? Or do I put them just in the Garry's Mod addon folder, like a regular addon?

Another question - bare with me - If the Ulysses Addon supports XGUI, does it create a new tab in XGUI or what...? :s

Thank you for answering any of those two, if you did.
If you didn't answer one of those, I can at least thank you for reading it.  :)

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Where do I put Ulysses Addons?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 07:08:01 PM »
99.9% of the projects we write are made for your server gmod/addons folder.
gmod/addons/ulib
gmod/addons/ulx

Posts will usually direct otherwise.

Though I can't speak for all other not-written-by-Ulysses-team-directly projects, many are also meant to be installed same way, even the ones written to work with ULib and ULX.
(virtually, they will share same path as the modules loading area)
Gmod recently updated (end of October 2012).
Not all 'first post' releases work anymore...check in later pages for user contributed posts of several that have been 'fixed' by others than the original authors.
We (Team Ulysses) should probably make a new 'known working' releases area, but, I've personally just not taken the time.
As for my other team mates, they rarely have the time.

"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming