Author Topic: Customizable XGUI Size  (Read 3500 times)

Offline PAL-18

Customizable XGUI Size
« on: February 05, 2013, 02:39:25 PM »
My screen resolution is low (1024x768, it has to be cause i have vision problems) and as a result the XGUI cuts off a lot of information.

Can you make it so that its size can be customized?  Some kind of setting in config.txt that can increase its size percentage wise.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Customizable XGUI Size
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 07:01:20 PM »
Yes Stickly man, Please.
Make it adjustable for us vision impaired people.

- Pal, though surgery helped immensely, along with time to heal after, I once was (seemingly) worse off than you are now...used to HAVE to use 640x480 and a magnifier to see screen print on a, at the time HUGE, 19" CRT. That was late 90s. I've been diabetic for 35 years. 15 of those, I didn't take care/monitor my glucose levels. It caught up. Though I will never have the vision I did, I've come far, and will never take another sight for granted.
Every once in a while, you'll see me fuss about large signature images. It's because I use a high contrast Windows theme, yellow on black, and the images just stand out/take up a LOT of extra space my eyes find distracting when trying to converse.
:)
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline PAL-18

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 11:49:57 PM »
Can't do surgery cause i suffer from extremely dry eyes and i have sensitive eyes so i cant use regular eye drops with preservatives (i use around 5 to 8 ampule containers per day and each ampule contains 0.4ml of eye drop).  I also can't wear glasses for long periods of time because they trigger intense debilitating migraines.

Also let this be a lesson to everyone.  Playing too long on the computer will screw up your eyes.  I used to have 20/20 vision and now my long range vision is so bad, everything beyond 3 feet is blurry.  I can't read street signs unless im really close  :-\
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 11:54:12 PM by PAL-18 »

Offline nathan736

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 08:54:21 AM »
this probably would cause a bunch of bork but as long as you used a parented xgui it probably is not that hard to add support i have no idea where the xgui  derma stuff is so i'm going to look for it :)
Ps: found it
Pss: ignore above it WILL be annoying to add support.
would have to use scaleing in the gui with Panel:GetWide( ) and Panel:GetTall( ) to re set up sizes
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 09:01:25 AM by nathan736 »
a person asked me how to code lua and i said this " its like building a rocket up side down then  realizing you did it all wrong."

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
  • What even IS software anymore?
    • XGUI
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 01:13:19 PM »
Unfortunately, XGUI is pretty much designed to be a fixed size. Garry added some interesting new Derma (or rather, GWEN) features that allow for more responsive UI designs that would make it a lot easier to do automatic resizing and things.. but, it would be a lot of work to implement.

I do however have plans to make a sort of "quick-menu" (Assmod-style, or whatever) to access common ULX/XGUI commands and features without having to go through the main XGUI menu. All I need is a bucketload of free time :P
Join our Team Ulysses community discord! https://discord.gg/gR4Uye6

Offline PAL-18

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 01:15:04 PM »
What about adding content that doesnt fit in the window, to appear below the window (expanding it vertically).

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
    • XGUI
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 02:54:31 PM »
Does the entire window not show up on 1024x768? I'm pretty sure I designed XGUI to fit within a 640x480 screen resolution, so, if some of it isn't appearing then it could be possible that there's just a bug in my code that's causing it to be drawn off the screen. Can you send me a screenshot if possible so I can see?

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 03:02:22 PM »
Can you send me a screenshot if possible so I can see?
Are you that limited on time, or don't have a PC, that you can't just set your game res to 1024x768 for a few minutes???
:P
Sure, it would probably be stretched like crazy on a 16x9 screen, but, you'd still see if it were a code issue.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
    • XGUI
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 03:04:48 PM »
Nah, I'm at work at the moment  ;D  Got a meeting for a class in about an hour, so I probably won't be getting home for another 3 or more hours  :o

Offline PAL-18

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 06:19:31 AM »
Here's a screenshot i took:

Apparently, there's supposed to be a thing somewhere where i can restrict the command, but ive never seen it.

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
    • XGUI
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 07:24:23 AM »
Yeah.. that's supposed to show up there. Your XGUI window is the same size as it should be, screen resolution should make no difference at all. You've tried clicking on the commands in the center? (Some of them don't have a panel that pops out). Are there any errors in console when you first click on a command?

Offline nathan736

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 08:44:53 AM »
some day (probably spring break) ill see if i can work on this.
EDIT : scratch above never going to happen better off dragging sickly man to code it
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 11:36:19 AM by nathan736 »
a person asked me how to code lua and i said this " its like building a rocket up side down then  realizing you did it all wrong."

Offline PAL-18

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 02:09:20 PM »
Yeah.. that's supposed to show up there. Your XGUI window is the same size as it should be, screen resolution should make no difference at all. You've tried clicking on the commands in the center? (Some of them don't have a panel that pops out). Are there any errors in console when you first click on a command?

No errors.

I did notice one thing though, it did work (sometimes) in the past.