ULX

Author Topic: Any lua coders with a few minutes to spare?  (Read 2586 times)

Offline PAL-18

Any lua coders with a few minutes to spare?
« on: February 20, 2013, 11:42:46 PM »
I need a lua plugin that does the following:

Banner Text URL: http://plugin.capturetheprize.com/ctp-message.txt

2 Variables:

ctp_timer (Default Value of 10 minutes)
ctp_id (Empty)

On plugin startup, it should download the text file again (its a tiny 85 Byte file) and replace whatever file is currently saved. It should save the file to the data directory.

It should display the text banner in center of screen (csay) for at least 15 seconds. So if it only displays for 5 seconds or whatever Gmod has it set to, then it should fire again a few seconds later to fill the 15 seconds.  The text file is 2 lines so both lines should display in the csay.

At the end of the banner, whatever the server host entered for id, it should display it.

For example:

DO YOU WANT REAL MONEY? WIN $50 BY PLAYING HERE! JOIN AND WIN FOR FREE AT CAPTURETHEPRIZE.COM/<ID>

I'm willing to pay for this plugin too.  Any takers?

P.S. I do realize this should probably be posted at the Gmod forums, but im tired of getting flamed there.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 11:44:30 PM by PAL-18 »

Offline nathan736

Re: Any lua coders with a few minutes to spare?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 06:04:02 AM »
does not look that hard. would involve  a bit of coding  not that much tho , i might do this sometime
before i do this why not just use ulx adverts ?, unless you wanted  something clever?

if you do ,probably could do some fancy click here on the message  so people can actually click the "click here" on the screen
probably some fancy click button on the chat box as well if you want to crazy.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 06:40:12 AM by nathan736 »
a person asked me how to code lua and i said this " its like building a rocket up side down then  realizing you did it all wrong."

Offline PAL-18

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 12:25:06 PM »
It needs to be self contained with no setup required aside from uploading to server and setting the referral id (it's being used by other server hosts).

It also needs to be done as soon as possible.  In under 1 week preferably as i have server hosts waiting for it.

Offline nathan736

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 05:32:15 PM »
-snip withdrawing my help- don't have the time at this moment to deal with coding for people (got 4 + things i can be working on)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 05:34:13 PM by nathan736 »
a person asked me how to code lua and i said this " its like building a rocket up side down then  realizing you did it all wrong."

Offline PAL-18

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 08:04:22 PM »
EDIT: NM, found someone.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 09:47:58 PM by PAL-18 »