ULX

Author Topic: Working Restriction Addon?  (Read 2037 times)

Offline Derpy337

Working Restriction Addon?
« on: April 03, 2013, 02:52:36 PM »
I've been looking about on the site for a restriction plugin, you know, to restrict weapons/tools/sent/etc.
Recently I've looked at an addon called URS, but unfortunately from the info I've gathered on that post, people have been saying that none of them have been working. So I'm not sure if one exists besides that. Or is that the only one. If so, how long until a dev, feels like working on it, due to the scarce time people tend to have these days. Is there an alternative? Because I'm stuck using ASSmod, and in my opinion its just *blech* and crashes too much. So any help, and mostly information would be greatly appreciated.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Working Restriction Addon?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 03:58:46 PM »
Darpy, until Garry broke some data file commands in Gmod, Tweaks versions of URS worked up until about last week.
So, unless Garry fixes the data file commands in a new update, it seems URS will have to wait.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline TweaK

• Garry's Mod Engineers
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 06:24:44 PM »
My version of URS works just fine on my server... I'm not sure if this data file bug even affects it, or maybe the bug doesn't exist on linux, I don't know. But if someone can try it and let me know what happens, any info would help...

Offline Derpy337

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 12:15:22 PM »
My version of URS works just fine on my server... I'm not sure if this data file bug even affects it, or maybe the bug doesn't exist on linux, I don't know. But if someone can try it and let me know what happens, any info would help...

Where could I find your version of URS?

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 03:04:34 PM »
Derpy, start at the last page of the URS release here in the Releases forum area....its a link within the last few pages of the post.
Look man...look. Read. Learn. Search.
Try not to be spoon fed. :P
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Derpy337

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 05:15:10 PM »
Lol yea I seen it. And I'm using it, so far its working splendid. No errors or crashes as far as I can tell.