ULX

Author Topic: NULX - The unofficial rework of ULX.  (Read 3344 times)

Offline LuaTenshi

• Just your ordinary moon angel!
    • Mirai.Red
NULX - The unofficial rework of ULX.
« on: April 30, 2013, 12:20:38 AM »
So I have been planing this for a long time now and I think its time that I started working on it. But I am 100 percent sure that I wont be able to do it my self. So I am asking the ULX team for support in this project.

Quote from: The Planned Features Of NULX
- Using SQL instead of text files.

- Support for global stuff such as global bans.

- The ability to toggle chat suggestions as you type chat commands.

- A different theme for the XGUI (Some thing darker.)

- More commands such as cleanup, decal cleanup, arm, rocket, give and more (I know some of those commands have already been made and if I decide to use some ones code I will give credit where its due.)

- The ability to run commands on players through the use of the new Garrysmod 13 context menu. (Such as slay, kick, ban...)

- The ability to toggle chat tags, and time stamps.

- The ability to use any command silently (controlled with privileges.)

- The ability to deny access from users who have a bad VAC status.

- The ability for users to create an in server friends list for easier in game PMs and for easy adding to the steam friends list if they wish to do so later.

- A chat bot, to monitor the chat censoring swear words disabling spammers and to handle complaints/suggestions people may have for the server.

- An FAQ command that works in this way "!faq rdm" returns by relevance "RDM, Random Death Match, killing people without any valid reason." (Controlled by a simple text (or db) file that contains questions and answers.)

- The ability to add notes for your self, and if you are an admin for other people as well.

The above contains some ideas that I plan to add you may also suggest ideas to me below or over PM, just make sure I know what your talking about.
------------
Also what do you think sounds better Nightly ULX or Not ULX, right now the N in NULX stands for Nightly.

Quote from: Why did I decide to do this?
I have heard many server owners complain that ULX feels old.

I also feel that ULX could use a bit more of a shoe shine, and that many commands are missing from the standard build.

Finally I want ULX to remain the best admin mod for Gmod and may be eventually other source games.

( Also there is nothing like making a more open open source ULX. :P )
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 12:38:33 AM by HeLLFox_15 »
I cry every time I see that I am not a respected member of this community.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Re: NULX - The unofficial rework of ULX.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 06:04:39 AM »
The ULX team is discussing it. We will get back to you as soon as we have a chance to talk it out. :)
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Re: NULX - The unofficial rework of ULX.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 08:02:29 AM »
Everything you mention would be possible as an addon to the current ULX (except maybe XGUI theming). Why not focus on that? I do want to give our backend functions an overhaul at some point, but throwing code out is generally a bad idea.

So I guess the bottom line is, that you ask us for our support, and we're willing to support these ideas as addons to the current ULX. We (the team) quite like the light, robust nature of the current ULX. It's not perfect, but it gets the job done. :)

On MySQL, I think you should totally go for it. It's a frequently requested feature that we've never really comfortable supporting with reliance on a third party addon. UCL was designed with this kind of thing in mind, so you should find it fairly simple to implement.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.