General > Off-Topic

Groups vs. Teams - Why having an owner group is useless and stupid

<< < (7/9) > >>

Aaron113:
I have never actually posted in this topic, so I'm going to put my two cents in for anyone reading this.

I believe in adding what ever groups you want to Garry's Mod.  Garry's Mod is built to be modified.  You can build an entire game inside this game.  What's stopping you from adding an Owner group?  The answer is nothing.  Almost everything can be modified to your liking, including an Owner group that is fully functional.

If anyone ever wants a nudge in the right direction, feel free to PM me.

MrPresident:
You are correct, but when most addons and mods EXPECT superadmin to be the highest rank in the game, you are only inviting trouble by creating groups above superadmin.

I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm just saying it shouldn't be done.

The proof of this is the countless threads we've gotten over the years wondering why certain permissions don't work since they've not set up groups properly or because a conflicting addon is checking for superadmin.

Conner Josh:
Why not keep both
Reason it perfectly fine

Bubbie:

--- Quote from: Conner Josh on March 31, 2016, 12:49:42 AM ---Why not keep both
Reason it perfectly fine

--- End quote ---
Because it doesn't make a difference. The owner's still going to try to put themself in an "owner" group, and still making a group higher than superadmin.

Undercover Orange:
i have a group called owner only because i have tags that show up in chat saying what ulx group staff are in

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version