General > Off-Topic

Groups vs. Teams - Why having an owner group is useless and stupid

<< < (9/9)

BraveNM22:
I like server owner
I don't really have a defense as to why besides the fact I prefer it over "Superadmin."
However when it comes to ranks this is how my server goes (Jailbreak)
user
admin (not used because jailbreak is weird)
Trail Mod
Mod
Admin2 (used because jailbreak is weird)
Senior Admin
Mentor
Head of Mod
Head of Admin
Head of Staff
Ast. Manager
Manager (Kinda superadmin to some)
superadmin (Unused)
Co-Owner
Owner

Some other stuff is sprinkled in there because of stuff that I decided to do on my own and not something that took inspiration off of something (Community Staff) but yeah. Idk my opinion. obviously its up to the coders to do their thing and its up to the server owners to do their thing.

MrPresident:
You're missing the point of this post.

You can call the groups whatever you like. By default you can not visually see what UserGroup a player is in. It is up to an addon (like UTeam) or a gamemode to associate Teams with UserGroups.

It's fine if you want to create groups that inherit superadmin, but the point of this post was to inform that garrysmod will always see superadmin as the highest group and you may run into permission issues with other addons that weren't designed to work with how ULX handles groups. You may never have any issues, but you might.

For example.. I wanted my group that I am in on my server to be called "Developer" which is the highest rank in my community. My usergroup is still superadmin, but you don't see that anywhere because everything that displays "groups" associates superadmin with "Developer".

At least you choose not to use the superadmin group. That will certainly save you some potential headaches with hierarchy issues down the road.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version