Author Topic: ULX Ban List Resetting  (Read 2022 times)

Offline PAL-18

ULX Ban List Resetting
« on: January 02, 2013, 03:52:03 PM »

The past few days my TTT servers have been seeing an increased number of rule breakers and as such a few dozen bans have been occurring each day.

The ban list appears to be resetting itself somehow. The ULX bans dont show up in the menu anymore, but they're still in the banned.cfg file. Any idea why its doing this? Once the ulx banned list gets to 25KB, it empties itself.

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
  • What even IS software anymore?
    • XGUI
Re: ULX Ban List Resetting
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 06:06:31 PM »
Odd indeed, trying to replicate it now. Do you have sourcebans installed? I have a sneaking suspicion it's been causing some issues, but, that's an unverified claim. Can you try running at least one server without sourcebans to see if it still occurs?
Join our Team Ulysses community discord! https://discord.gg/gR4Uye6

Offline PAL-18

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 06:31:33 PM »
I do have sourcebans installed, but i was never able to get it working.  I'll try disabling it now though.

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
  • What even IS software anymore?
    • XGUI
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 08:46:18 PM »
I've been testing with a ~200kb bans.txt file.. Most of those don't have much data associated with it, but so far it's still working. Do you have an approximate count of bans before splosion happens? There is the "View Source Bans" button on the bans tab that allows you to see those bans still remaining in the banned_users.cfg, as well.

Unrelated, but I did manage to make some improvements to XGUI load stuff when the server is under heavy load during startup!
Join our Team Ulysses community discord! https://discord.gg/gR4Uye6

Offline PAL-18

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 01:58:04 PM »
This just started happening again.  Old bans are getting deleted.

Is there any kind of debug code you have that i can add that's showing what's happening?