ULX

Author Topic: ulysses stops working  (Read 5115 times)

Offline amburgers

ulysses stops working
« on: January 05, 2007, 11:37:31 PM »
ok so im playing on gmod and im playing with ulx like jailing people then later i go and do it and this comes up in the console and it wont let me like freeze ragdoll or cage anyone this is what it says
LS: Error:     ULib/shared/messages.lua:26: attempt to index local 'ply' (a boolean value)  and i have no idea what it means and how to fix it

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: ulysses stops working
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 02:25:13 AM »
amburgers,
 This has been reported at our bug tracker at http://www.ulyssesmod.net/bugs/view.php?id=20 previously, and I've added a note with your specific error message, as it is new information.
I understand this may seem a pain to register yet another account, but if you have more information such as other mods you are using, please register and submit a note to the Mantis system at that URL.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline amburgers

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 08:45:57 AM »
no idea what you just said

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 12:16:52 PM »
Basically, we know about the problem, its been reported already.

However, the error you had was new to us, so I posted it at the tracker.

Amberger, are you also hosting Conna's Admin mod?
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline amburgers

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 01:13:16 PM »
never heardof it i have 1 admin mod

EscudoDenali

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 11:15:17 PM »
I am also having this problem, it is very annoying because you may be ingame, and need to punish someone, but it doesnt work! Please figure out a way to fix this, because it is happening often on my server!

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 08:07:19 AM »
Please contact me on MSN if this happens to you so I can run some tests on your server.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

EscudoDenali

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 10:51:51 AM »
Yes, i would really like some help with this, for it has become serious! It is to the point that every time i start my server, after about 20 minutes, almost all my admin commmands stop working, and it shows that long boolean error thing. I do not have MSN, but would steam chat work? Please, help me out!

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 11:34:36 AM »
Yes you can get me on Steam friends at MegTech.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline EscudoDenali

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 06:54:41 PM »
Thanks again Megiddo!  Your welcome to join my server any time you like :D
"What I lack in skill, I make up for in stupidity." - EscudoDenali
Escudo's Non-Tolerance Server <--- FUN

Offline Brett900

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 08:26:06 AM »
I am also having this problem, it is very annoying because you may be ingame, and need to punish someone, but it doesnt work! Please figure out a way to fix this, because it is happening often on my server!

Samething happends to me but it usally happends when i change map. Then i can sometimes get it to work if I re-join. sometimes it dies after a long peroid of time but i haven't found out any why to fix it. When it dies after a long time diffrent things happen to me. Like my binds will be removed or i can't access any commands but in console it shows me having all commands. And slowly i feel there is no reason to use ulx if it doesn't work the right way.

Please help.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2007, 08:28:41 PM »
Brett, if you were paying attention to our bug tracker, mentioned in our bug thread here,  mentioned in the FacePunch release here , and our News release for for ULX 3 here at our forums, you might have pulled the proverbial thumb away from the anal cavity and discovered that, as expected, discussed, and 95% confirmed, it's NOT ULX/Ulysses Team's fault.

And in case you're still sitting on that thumb, Megiddo's direct quote, which you may or may not find useful is as follows.
Quote from: Megiddo
0000077)
Megiddo
01-16-07 21:37
   Okay, as far as this error:
LS: Error: ULib/shared/messages.lua:26: attempt to index local 'ply' (a boolean value)

It's from some mod (still haven't found which) assigning a value to the variable _, which I *thought* was supposed to always stay nil. To fix in the mean time, you can just use "lua_run _ = nil".
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 08:31:36 PM by JamminR »

Offline Brett900

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2007, 10:05:45 AM »
So, maybe this is why i'm starting to really get lagg on sp and on mp but i removed all mods. hummmm... it makes me mad becasue i can play gmod anymore. its sooo laggy. it says i have 5ping but when i hit w and then let go... it still goes. and it takes a min or two to stop walking. it was fine a few days ago but now... It's... dead.... i've removed the gmod10 file and re-downloaded it. and nothing changed.  >:( ??? >:( :'(

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007, 06:24:32 PM »
Good luck with that, sounds like a pc/software/user issue that ULX just can't fix for you.

Offline Brett900

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2007, 09:07:57 PM »
It jsut started. it was working fine 2 days ago. then... it got all laggy. good thing i got a new gfx card on the way.