ULX

Author Topic: ULX MOTD not loading?  (Read 1241 times)

Offline Decicus

• Alex Thomassen
ULX MOTD not loading?
« on: June 25, 2013, 01:40:34 PM »
So I'm not entirely sure if this is the place to post about this, because I'm confused of what is causing it. I know you have a bug report section, but again, I'm not sure if ULX actually is the cause of this.

So I have a friend that plays on the server I'm sort of administrating, and he said that his ULX MOTD didn't load. I knew for a fact that it was not the servers fault, because it worked for me and every other player (I haven't heard any other complaint about it). He then stated that it didn't work on any server, and that the ULX MOTD only loaded the default one.

It's not an issue anymore, because the fix was to go into <GMOD Directory>/data/ and delete ulx_motd.txt. It seems to have overridden the serverside MOTD.

Any past reports about this issue? If so, what is causing it (if you know).

Thanks in advance!
-Decicus
Contact information:
E-mail: alex@thomassen.xyz.
You can also send a PM.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Re: ULX MOTD not loading?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 03:51:04 PM »
Haven't heard about this problem before, no. Some of the file I/O is screwy in Gmod now, so I'm not terribly surprised -- if a server isn't running the SVN version of ULX/ULib, it seems like this kind of error may occur. Speaking of which, I should really release what's currently in the SVN...
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline Decicus

• Alex Thomassen
Re: ULX MOTD not loading?
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 06:13:45 PM »
We're running on the latest stable version of ULX & ULib for that matter (Or maybe we're running on v3.61, something like that), but this seems to only have occurred with one of our players, all the other ones can load it fine (I just realized I repeated what I said in the original post). I first thought it was something to do with the meta redirecting we use (our MOTD is located on a different web server, obviously), but that shouldn't really affect it since it loads the default MOTD for the player, while it works fine all the others.

I've asked him a couple of times if he has the same issue, and it has yet to re-occur.
Contact information:
E-mail: alex@thomassen.xyz.
You can also send a PM.