ULX

Author Topic: Curious about when ULX updates.  (Read 1380 times)

Offline eagle9er9er

Curious about when ULX updates.
« on: July 10, 2013, 05:23:39 PM »
So this is just something I was thinking about. Since I use ULX on my dedicated server, and I have all my groups and such set up, how would you update ULX/ULIB when you guys release another version without overwriting all of my set up stuff?

Honestly, I'm not sure if this sounds like a dumb question or not. Just something I was thinking about.

Edit: Okay so here a scenario. I downloaded the zip file of Ulx/Ulib and uploaded to my server. Now you guys release another version and I download it but I don't want to overwrite all the stuff setup already when its uploaded. (Groups, Restrictions, Downloads etc)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 05:28:37 PM by eagle9er9er »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Curious about when ULX updates.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 07:22:04 PM »
If you're editing proper files (if manual), or using XGUI, all your config stuff is being stored in gmod/data/ulib_or_ulx.
We don't touch those if possible. (I can only remember once we ever did, wrote a automatic converter, and kept backups of the originals 'just in case')

If you're editing improper files, and our files on those locations specifically say 'do not edit this file', then, they may get overwritten.
(IE, don't edit files in /addons/ulib_or_ulx)
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming