Author Topic: Specific Group commands  (Read 2527 times)

Offline Galactic

Specific Group commands
« on: August 12, 2013, 09:16:57 PM »
I'd love to see you guys do a command that will add a player to a first group for an amount of time (would use the same system as ban length) and then add them to a second. For instance "ulx timeadd galactic 30d donor user" would add galactic to the donor group for thirty days and then back to user or "ulx timeadd galactic 2 private pfc" Would add galactic to private for two minutes and then to pfc. This would really cut down on the amount of coding your users would have to do to set up a good ranking system. Could you do something like this?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 06:01:09 AM by Galactic »

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Re: Specific Group commands
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 03:03:01 PM »
Have you looked at Autopromote?
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 07:13:50 PM »
Or tempadd?
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Galactic

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 07:24:42 PM »
Autopromote is a possibility but it doesn't have an intuitive clock like the banning system. If you could stack them... If typing "ulx autop galactic private 30d" and then "ulx autop galactic pfc 35d" Would promote galactic to a private after 30 days and then after another 35 promote them to pfc it would be useful but the way it is most of my admins would have to fish around for a calculator to figure out that 30 days has 720 hours... come to think of it that's a way better suggestion... a stack-able command.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 08:22:08 PM »
Team Ulysses will most likely not be doing this.
As a team, we believe that time isn't what makes one a valued member, but contributions to a group or community.
We've seen tenure get reward when it shouldn't have.

You'd probably get better results suggesting addition to AutoPromote:The Continuation - http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,6381.0.html
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Galactic

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 08:55:42 PM »
 My intended use for this would be a set of fun ranks for users and a system to encourage donations. Recent donors are given extra access for a month and then reverted to donor until they donate a certain amount and are given a sponsor standing. In a community like ours it could be used to grant novelty ranks (ranks show on our scoreboard) to correspond with our "(screenshot, player, win or streak) of the week" events and then add them back to the group they came from (trusted, user, donor, etc.) which would encourage participation in these events without requiring the adminship to keep a detailed log of our 200+ players and their previous ranks.

I was planing to cough up a couple of bucks on coderhire to have them do it but then it would become proprietary and I would be unable to share it under the T&C
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 08:59:35 PM by Galactic »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 02:19:30 PM »
Well, now you're back in tempadd release territory, heavily modified.
Ive no idea how much 'free' time MrPresident has, but perhaps he could assist.
(By no means am I saying you can MrP, again, busy busy, wars to be won, lobotomies in the sun)