Author Topic: I need help  (Read 2811 times)

Offline Imperator

I need help
« on: March 02, 2014, 06:52:32 AM »
I have ULX/ULIB installed on my server but, I don't really know what happened it took all the ranks from everyone in the server and it reset the ranks back to the normal ones. I tried removing ULX/ULIB and installing them again from the hosting and from the main Ulysses website but, still not working I really need some one to help me with that!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 06:54:22 AM by Imperator »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: I need help
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 09:24:31 AM »
Data isn't stored in the addons folder.
See /data/ULib and data/ulx
Sometimes if a group or user file is corrupt in a way that ULX can't read it, they'll make a back up and start over.
Other than that, difficult to help you without knowing exactly what you're wanting.
See our FAQs too. Many there deal with access issues.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Imperator

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 10:00:32 AM »
Hey, Ill tell you what I need. I just need to get the Super-admin commands in !menu. The rank currently has access to some commands like, Fly, Kick, Ban. But it doesn't have full access such as creating a group and putting what access you want for it and adding users to admins in !menu and much more...  I tried reinstalling ULX/ULIB but, still nothing changed the Super-Admin rank still doesn't have full access. I wish if you could help me as soon as possible.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 05:12:06 PM »
I told you, see our FAQs, including "How do I factory reset ULX" (which, it sounds like you're trying to do through re-installing, which I've also told you, you can't do just by doing anything in the /addons folder.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline LuaTenshi

• Just your ordinary moon angel!
    • Mirai.Red
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 06:11:45 PM »
May be we should have a command that would obviously be ran in rcon, to stop, reset and restart ULX. So that every thing can be done without having to restart the whole server. (If its not possible to stop and restart ULX on the fly, I think a map change should be enough to do that.)
I cry every time I see that I am not a respected member of this community.

Offline Cobalt

• http://steamcommunity.com/id/__yvl/
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 06:40:22 PM »
May be we should have a command that would obviously be ran in rcon, to stop, reset and restart ULX. So that every thing can be done without having to restart the whole server. (If its not possible to stop and restart ULX on the fly, I think a map change should be enough to do that.)
ulx resettodefaults...?

Offline LuaTenshi

• Just your ordinary moon angel!
    • Mirai.Red
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 07:13:24 PM »
Well it was not mentioned in this post so... :P
I cry every time I see that I am not a respected member of this community.

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 09:11:24 PM »
It is a fairly new ULX command in the grand scheme of ULX commands. It wasn't around when I wrote the tutorial for how to factory reset ULX. Heck, I didn't even remember writing that tutorial. When I opened it, I thought, this is a nicely written tutorial. Then I realized I wrote it. 'awkward'

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 03:39:58 PM »
When I opened it, I thought, this is a nicely written tutorial. Then I realized I wrote it. 'awkward'

I do that with my code sometimes... :P
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.