Author Topic: Please help  (Read 1478 times)

Offline erik

Please help
« on: July 10, 2014, 07:55:31 AM »
So I have windows dedicated server. I am trying to get ulx to work and I myself do not nor have I ever played Gmod but I am running a community and one of my friends asked for a server. Can someone please help me. I will be happy to host a server for your troubles or work something up with you.

My contact info is:

Steam- heel4eva@yahoo.com
Skype- MUerik25840
Email- Erik.S.Reynolds@gmail.com

Team Website:

http://Team-NRG.com

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Please help
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 08:51:09 AM »
You have Gmod server running already, right? (You mention Windows dedicated, but we don't know if you mean Gmod windows ded)
Did you obtain the ULib addon? We currently recommand our newest (but not considered "release stable") code.
Did you obtain the ULX addon that runs on ULib? (again, newest)
Both latest code instances ULib and ULX can be obtained through SVN, or by downloading the ZIP from our github repository. The zip will contain other ulysses projects to, at first, you may not want to use them until you get ULib/ULX up and running.
Both have a readme file in the main folder describing where they need to be placed on your server, and how to add a primary user to get things started.
From there, it should lead to usage questions we can help with if not already covered in our FAQ section.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline erik

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 07:25:38 PM »
After I added the files I went in the server and did ulx_help just to see and it said unknown command =/

Offline Decicus

• Alex Thomassen
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 07:29:53 PM »
After I added the files I went in the server and did ulx_help just to see and it said unknown command =/
The command is "ulx help" with a space between "ulx" and "help".
This is the same with any ULX command. Commands don't have underscores between the prefix and the command name itself, only a single space.
Contact information:
E-mail: alex@thomassen.xyz.
You can also send a PM.