Author Topic: Unable to pick up players with my physgun?  (Read 11573 times)

Offline bipezar

Unable to pick up players with my physgun?
« on: August 24, 2014, 06:04:48 PM »
Okay so I own a pretty popular Garry's mod server named Bipizar's 24/7 Sandbox, and I run ULX...
Lately I have been unable to pick up other players with my physgun no matter what rank I am?
The really strange thing is that the co-founder of the server (who is the same rank as me) CAN pick people up, which tells me that it's probably not a problem with the permissions and can target stuff.
I have been trying to figure this out for a while with no luck, thanks in advanced.

Offline Caustic Soda-Senpai

• <Insert something clever here>
    • Steam Page
Re: Unable to pick up players with my physgun?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 10:13:06 PM »
Is your Pick-up player with physgun checked?
Once you get to know me, you'll find you'll have never met me at all.

Offline ChaosWolf

• "The Exiled One's" Server Owner
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 05:53:21 AM »
Did your try turning it off and turning it back on again?

jk inside joke between me and arch, if you do find that in !menu>settings>client there will be a physgun option specifically designated to that option. if you do have it checked you may want to also check your admin hierarchy and be sure you have inherited properly. typically as a superadmin I am the only one able to pick up players so you can double check that. just your basic trouble shooting steps are always a good ground for problems like these, its almost always a setting issue. hope that sheds a bit of light on it. ive lost track of all the face palms I've given myself after double checking my works.
"Someone once told me, scripting lua is like trying to build a rocket ship, once your finished with it and think your done, you start it up only to realize you had just built it upside down." ~Programmer

Offline bipezar

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 01:28:25 PM »
Wow I feel like a complete retard for not seeing that under client settings, it works now though.
Thanks for your help!

Offline Caustic Soda-Senpai

• <Insert something clever here>
    • Steam Page
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 04:43:08 PM »
You're welcome! Glad to help  ;D
Once you get to know me, you'll find you'll have never met me at all.

Offline ChaosWolf

• "The Exiled One's" Server Owner
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 07:46:35 PM »
Archang3l and I are partners, we help eachother with everything im glad it worked out for you though. If you need any more help with anything the Ulysses team is great at what they do, you've come to the right forum.

Teamwork ftw  8)
"Someone once told me, scripting lua is like trying to build a rocket ship, once your finished with it and think your done, you start it up only to realize you had just built it upside down." ~Programmer