Author Topic: How to use console commands  (Read 1443 times)

Offline AnthonyW0408

How to use console commands
« on: October 16, 2014, 01:38:08 PM »
How do I use the ulx commands in the console. Specifically the ulx userallow and groupallow. I accidentally removed the groupallow and userallow from the group below mine and now I can't edit the group permissions. In the console I type "ulx userallow [GW]AnthonyW0408 ulx groupallow" and nothing works please tell me how to correctly use the console for ULX and it would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 12:54:42 PM by AnthonyW0408 »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: ULX Permissions Messed Up
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 05:33:30 PM »
Don't use the installer.
Though it's our latest "release" version, it's over a year old, and lots of Gmod updates broke various things that we've long since updated
Get the latest code from our Github repo (can get the always latest zip from https://github.com/Nayruden/Ulysses/archive/master.zip ... only _need_ the ulib and ulx folders from within).
Delete the old folders first before unzipping new.

As for DarkRP, there's too many other posts regarding it breaking ulib groups. Just search our help forum section for DarkRP and you'll see.
It overrites ours. Disable Fadmin (a DarkRP admin mod that comes with it and conflicts with ULX)

After that, see the 2-3 FAQs in our FAQ section dealing with trouble with access.
One of them asks for specific information to give to us that ulx creates after a special command is run.

"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming