Author Topic: Searching for a certain map  (Read 1610 times)

Offline Bite That Apple

• Apple Innovations 2010®
    • Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
Searching for a certain map
« on: December 11, 2014, 06:55:03 PM »
I just have a very simple question, and because garrysmod.org is no longer with us, I can't really search it anymore. Anyways, I'll try my best to describe the map, which should be fairly easy for those who are old and committed, Garry's Mod players.

Description:
[1] The map I believe had different versions (can't entirely remember)
[2] It was a gm_ map
[3] It had train tracks on the map
[4] It as well had a little like box lake (most of the map was quite boxy)
[5] It could go underground with the train tracks
[6] There were multiple tracks underground, and little buttons you could hit to switch on different sides on the track.
[7] On part of the track went further underground, and you would hit a dead end, with like a mapped in broken train.
[8] The sky was one of those typical sky blue maps.
[9] Generic colored grass

That's about all I could describe about the map, any help is appreciated, thank you.
Quote from: John F. Kennedy 1963
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Searching for a certain map
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 09:06:47 PM »
Wildwill had a server called Beast Build, and he made (20+?) many TT* maps that all had tracks that fit some addon kit wheels. (PHX maybe was partial name of addon?)
* = Train Track

Though none I saw fully meet your description (buttons for switching/etc), your description does bring back memories of the fun I had getting lost  if I were to fall off a self-made jet train in the dark tunnels he'd made. There were also many 'how fast can you make the huge loop'.
2min and some seconds I think was the fastest, and for the size of the map, that was crazy fast.

Good luck in your search.

EDIT - Here's the link, I thought I remembered placing them in my storage area here one year. (2009!! - ancient Gmod history for me)
http://ulyssesmod.net/JamminR/Beast_maps.7z
Again, 90% sure none of those are what you're looking for, but, some of the larger ones that went above/below ground were quite fun.
And, his map skills are mediocre... he'd agree if he were here. He built them for us as his community, and we loved every minute being together building/racing on them.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 09:13:15 PM by JamminR »
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Bite That Apple

• Apple Innovations 2010®
    • Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
Re: Searching for a certain map
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 10:45:04 PM »
Thank you for your response. I'll check out some of these maps, and see what they're like. Sadly, from the name, I'm pretty sure that none of them will be for the mapping I'm searching for.
Quote from: John F. Kennedy 1963
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.