ULX

Author Topic: ULX Group Problems  (Read 1746 times)

Offline Steven

ULX Group Problems
« on: December 17, 2014, 07:03:43 PM »
So, i'll try to make this as clear as possible if I can. Oh yeah, it's a DarkRP server, I've tried deleting the addon and its data in the data folder including ulib too, but then the problem still continues.

Basically what's happening is I or another superadmin or higher has to set the staff back into their proper group, everytime a staff member leaves I get this error:
19:58:23 Lua Error: [ERROR] addons/ulx/lua/ulx/modules/sh/extended.lua:37: bad argument #1 to 'insert' (table expected, got nil) 1. insert - [C]:-1 2. fn - addons/ulx/lua/ulx/modules/sh/extended.lua:37 3. unknown - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/hook.lua:183

and when they leave and join back, they are set to user. But when I look into their group they were in it shows their name, but their set as user. Is this a bug or something? Maybe a addon affecting it? I honestly have no idea.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 07:07:31 PM by Steven »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: ULX Group Problems
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 07:52:19 PM »
1) There is no Gmod group higher than superadmin. Many scripts fail to see anything higher and break.

2) ULX itself has no "extended.lua". You either have a conflicting ulx addon (and should ask for help in it release thread), or try removing the addon/whatever adds extended.lua

3) DarkRP? Have you tried removing/disabling Fadmin, reported many times over tens if not hundreds of threads here to often conflict with ULX (we TRY to be as compatible as possible with ALL scripts, but, it's impossible when two admin mods try to fix enhance some of the same basic Gmod functions)

4) Are you running latest ULX/Ulib from our Github?

5) Have you tried running in Sandbox with no other addons and seeing if the same errors occur?

Thank you for your concise error reporting. It's a refreshing thing to see.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 07:54:36 PM by JamminR »
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming