Author Topic: TTTDamagelogs / ULX Custom Commands - Can't get to work  (Read 3218 times)

Offline Tartz

TTTDamagelogs / ULX Custom Commands - Can't get to work
« on: March 19, 2015, 12:17:20 AM »
Hi!

My friends recently (last night) started their own TTT server, because late-night Skype said it was a good idea.
Anyway, I've been put in charge of the server addons and website.

I successfully installed the most recent ULX Admin Mod; however, the Custom ULX Commands by Cobalt don't show up. The "Custom" tab in the xgui doesn't show up; subsequently, the custom commands don't work.

Tommy228's TTTDamagelogs addon isn't working, either.
I've followed, or at least I think so, the installation instructions. I mean, it's just dragging the contents into the addons folder, right?

Am I missing something? The other addons are working fine, it's just these two. Two very important ones, since we all have prior moderating experience, we want to create our own little community like the ones we've worked with. Not being able to properly moderate the server is a serious issue for us

Yes, I've tried looking into this; I can't seem to find anything.

The server is updated for the new GMod version, as I wouldn't be able to join it if it was outdated. Are the addons I chose incompatible with my server version?
I'm very new to this side of a server and have spent all of today trying to figure this out.

Please help me before I tear my hair out xP

Offline Bytewave

• Respected Community Member
  • :)
    • My Homepage
Re: TTTDamagelogs / ULX Custom Commands - Can't get to work
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 05:28:51 AM »
From what I can tell, that appears to be a Linux distribution.
Garry's Mod + Linux + capital letters in folder / file names = pain for everyone

Rename both the TTTDamagelogs and CustomCommands folder to something similar yet without capital letters.
bw81@ulysses-forums ~ % whoami
Homepage

Offline Neku

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 07:33:31 AM »
I'm assuming you're using Vilayer.

Stop the server, run FastDL, then restart the server.

Or check inside those folders to see if the filepath is correct.
Out of the Garry's Mod business.

Offline Tartz

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 02:47:36 PM »
Thanks for the replies, guys.

I should've tried all lowercase letters first, since we had an earlier issue involving that >.<

I'm currently in the process of looking for it, but if I can't find it: how do I change what groups can view the RDM reports?

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 02:48:41 PM »
And, this forum area is made for ULib/ULX support, and troubleshooting of addons not made by Team Ulysses are best for each of those respective addons release threads.
I'd merge this thread into one of those releases, but, you're asking about multiple, so I'm moving this to off-topic.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Bytewave

• Respected Community Member
  • :)
    • My Homepage
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 05:47:54 PM »
I'm currently in the process of looking for it, but if I can't find it: how do I change what groups can view the RDM reports?
Grant access to "ulx seerdmmanager" for each group you want.
bw81@ulysses-forums ~ % whoami
Homepage