Author Topic: Farewell for now  (Read 4149 times)

Offline Bite That Apple

• Apple Innovations 2010®
    • Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
Farewell for now
« on: April 08, 2015, 11:27:24 PM »
Play this while you listen to my little rant/speech, makes my speech sound better and less boring (i was writing while listening to this) http://puu.sh/h73bW/5417880743.mp3

- - - -

Greetings everyone, as most of the known community members know, I am the creator of the very known and used Apple's branded addons (if you use any of the specific ulx addons I made, you know what I mean by branded).

I've decided that Garry's Mod is no longer for me anymore to put effort or too much care into anymore. I do not like where the community of Garry's Mod has turned, and I blame Youtube and uncreative people for that whom had ruined once a very interesting and unique game.

Recently, I had been in a car accident situation, in which I had slight hurt my brain, and ever since then I don't really seem to care about Garry's Mod anymore, and I was having issues developing things, as I couldn't remember how to do certain things, so I got more frustrated, and realized I don't entirely even care about Garry's Mod anymore. After that, I have decided to release all my private sector addons/modules (except one which has sentimental value to me) to this community for the price of "free", or "one positive karam".

I would like to thank you all for helping me, and assisting me through these last few years on Garry's Mod, and making what my addons are now. Without most of you, some of my addons would be lacking things, or not working correctly. As well as I have had a great time here on this create community of ulx. So I believe I have decided to turn the page in this book, and see where I go from here. I may or may not return, can't tell the future, but can tell the present, never know, might get bored and come back trying to be creative.

- - -

Some of my featured addons I'd like to talk about:
My Player Chat Tags, one of the first addons I tinkered with. As we know from a earlier issue this last summer, I had not actually made the original version, but instead remade the original, and added some fine adjustments to my person liking. I then added them to this community for people to download.

Utime Hour Changer, one of my most favorite addons I ever made, never became too popular sadly, though I loved it. When I had first joined Garry's Mod, I joined a spacebuild community server from UK, and it was called SAS (idk what that stood for to this day). They had lots of cool things on that server, and this is actually what inspired me to learn lua.

Autopromote XGUI Version. My good friend had originally made this addon before I even knew what lua really was; Sticky Man helped him personally, and his name was lead4u. It was one of the more interesting addons made for my server, and then released to this community. I remade a few things on it, making it work for the newer xgui versions that came out, as lead4u quit garry's mod and lua all together.

Set Player Spawn Points.. this thing is a living nightmare, and I still don't even entirely understand how it really works because of Vectors, and all that other stuff. I won't forget this, because I spent months trying to get it to work correctly, seeing as the wiki and other garry's mod sources are not entirely helpful some of the time. Though MrPresident and JamminR helped me fix it, so thanks guys.

Well, I guess that's it, cya.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 11:15:19 AM by Bite That Apple »
Quote from: John F. Kennedy 1963
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.

Offline Decicus

• Alex Thomassen
Re: Farewell for now
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 03:14:39 AM »
Good luck in your future adventures, my friend. Hope to see you back here soon one day!
Contact information:
E-mail: alex@thomassen.xyz.
You can also send a PM.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 05:30:27 AM »
Sorry to hear about your injury. Good luck on future endeavors.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline allofmywutsteam

• MNWO Owner
    • MNWO Discord
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 06:21:37 AM »
I've been active only recently, but you've been pretty cool in helping me fix any issues I had, if any, with your addons.

I honestly can't tell if that's Ashton Kutcher holding an apple though. It's always confused me.

rip

EDIT oh I'm a JR Member now... dooooopppppeeeeeee.
"Then Jesus said to his disciples, 'Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.'" - Matthew 16:24

MNWO: Steam | Discord | Website | Join Server

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 10:16:10 AM »
I've been active only recently, but you've been pretty cool in helping me fix any issues I had, if any, with your addons.

I honestly can't tell if that's Ashton Kutcher holding an apple though. It's always confused me.

rip

EDIT oh <censor> I'm a JR Member now... dooooopppppeeeeeee.

It is actually Steve Jobs, from his 90's commericials about the crazy things or what not.

Offline Buzzkill

• Respected Community Member
    • The Hundred Acre Bloodbath
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 10:19:23 AM »
BTA -- I appreciate the help and guidance you've given me in the short time I've been here.  I wish you peace and health as you take your leave.  Something like a serious injury can sometimes force a change in perspective -- things that once interested us now no longer hold our attention and seem irrelevant.  In the end, GMod is a game -- certainly a game that allows us to be creative in terms of design, development and gameplay, but a game nonetheless  (and one that holds all the drama and politics that always seems to follow any large community around).  I hope you move on to things that bring even more joy and satisfaction than GMod did for you previously. Take care.

Mike

Offline Bite That Apple

• Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 11:29:23 AM »
I'll stick on forums here and there, make sure my addons are still working as normal. Though, Apple Innovations are closed, and archived.

Offline allofmywutsteam

• MNWO Owner
    • MNWO Discord
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2015, 01:14:27 PM »
It is actually Steve Jobs, from his 90's commericials about the crazy things or what not.

And now I understand why they let Kutcher play Jobs
"Then Jesus said to his disciples, 'Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.'" - Matthew 16:24

MNWO: Steam | Discord | Website | Join Server

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2015, 04:00:03 PM »
Peace, joy and health to you in your next adventures.
Have fun storming the next castle.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline bender180

• Benders Villa
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2015, 07:45:03 PM »

I've decided that Garry's Mod is no longer for me anymore to put effort or too much care into anymore. I do not like where the community of Garry's Mod has turned, and I blame Youtube and uncreative people for that whom had ruined once a very interesting and unique game.

I hear that! The Garry's Mod + TF2 package was the first thing I bought when I started my steam account 5 years ago. I played on a lot of buildrp/darkrp servers back then, and it was very rare to see two servers that were near identical. I Started a TTT server with a great community about 3 years ago, I ran for about 2 years, and it was around the time that lets play's became popular that I noticed the start of a decline in the community. In my opinion creativity in Garry's Mod really dropped off when codehire came around and let everyone create carbon copies of servers, it was at that point I decided that Garry's Mod wasn't the game it was when I got it 5 years ago and that I didn't want to dedicate as much of my free time into it.

Recently, I had been in a car accident situation, in which I had slight hurt my brain.

Sorry to hear that lost a friend a while back to a car accident, they can be very serious. Hope your recovery is/was quick and there is no further issues down the road.
Made community pool and community bowling and for the life of me couldn't tell you why they are popular.
Also made the ttt ulx commands.

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 07:52:53 PM »
I hear that! The Garry's Mod + TF2 package was the first thing I bought when I started my steam account 5 years ago. I played on a lot of buildrp/darkrp servers back then, and it was very rare to see two servers that were near identical. I Started a TTT server with a great community about 3 years ago, I ran for about 2 years, and it was around the time that lets play's became popular that I noticed the start of a decline in the community. In my opinion creativity in Garry's Mod really dropped off when codehire came around and let everyone create carbon copies of servers, it was at that point I decided that Garry's Mod wasn't the game it was when I got it 5 years ago and that I didn't want to dedicate as much of my free time into it.

Sorry to hear that lost a friend a while back to a car accident, they can be very serious. Hope your recovery is/was quick and there is no further issues down the road.
Exactly everything you said, including the last bit which happened about 4 months ago.  I join a server and see nothing original, you could find the same config in like 20 other servers.  Something that used to never happen.

Offline XxLMM13xX

• New to lua development
    • Twitch
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2015, 01:55:31 PM »
I 1st wanna say goodbye and you will be loved and missed in the ULX community for sure! Also i love the music with the speech :P you truly did help me in the past and i hope you come back soon! Thanks for everything

Offline Livaco

• Livaco
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2015, 04:54:34 PM »
Goodbye and I hope you a great life. Sorry about the accadent
Here To Help And Be Happy And Help :)

My Website
My Addons
PermaBanV1.0

Quote from:  Livaco on April 12 at 9:10:20 PM
I May Be Dum But Am Still Better Then The Rest

Livaco Products©