ULX

Author Topic: Restricting a command for a group to self target only?  (Read 4543 times)

Offline Kcejalppe

Restricting a command for a group to self target only?
« on: April 11, 2015, 11:42:29 AM »
Hoya guys!

I'm new to the forum (even if I use ULX since months, if not years) and this is my first post. I've been searching an answer to my question on both Google and Ulysses forums, but I didn't find anything close to what I'm searching for (except maybe can_target).
I don't even know if that precise question has been asked before here (as I'm not allowed to search for topics in this subforum).

Here's the problem: I'm currently setting up a GMOD server, I have my groups set up and everything, but I was wondering if I could like restrict a certain command, ulx_cloak for example, so the player in the group using the command can only target himself but not other players (players in the group or in other groups). It that even possible?
Then if it's possible, I didn't find how and some help would be really appreciated!

(Of course, I searched in the FAQ, I found that: http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,5346.0.html but it did not really help me.)

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and, if you are or wish to respond, your responce.

With best regards from France,
Kcejie
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 12:03:06 PM by Kcejalppe »

Offline brycenmm

Re: Restricting a command to self target only for a group?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 11:53:51 AM »
I do not know if this is possible. Though I am not a lua expert, I've been using ulx for a year now. Through using my groups, I have not found this feature yet.

Offline Kcejalppe

Re: Restricting a command to self target only for a group?
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 11:57:52 AM »
Well, this is what I was afraid of.

If I could at least restrict the command to players in the current group and only the current group, that would really help me. But thanks anyway for your answer!

Offline Aaron113

Re: Restricting a command for a group to self target only?
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 12:11:29 PM »
Using "^" for target will only let them target themselves.

Offline Kcejalppe

Re: Restricting a command for a group to self target only?
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 12:16:04 PM »
Thanks a lot for your answer, Aaron113!

My only question is: can they only target themselves or can they also target every player in the group?

EDIT: I do believe they can target every player in the group if you don't put "!%mod,^", looks like I've missed the ""ulx setgroupcantarget mod !%mod,^"  This means "mod can target NOT group mod, can target self"" in the can_target topic, my bad I'm really sorry. But it's always good to have confirmation.

2nd EDIT: After dealing a bit with that system, I finally understood how it works. Thanks again Aaron113!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 12:42:46 PM by Kcejalppe »