ULX

Author Topic: FCVAR_SERVER_CAN_EXECUTE prevented server running command: ttt_spectate  (Read 6400 times)

Offline WoodsGaming

When trying to use the command !fspec/unspec as Superadmin i get the following error in console; FCVAR_SERVER_CAN_EXECUTE prevented server running command: ttt_spectate. Re-installed ULX & ULIB, no difference.

Also doesn't work.

Someone please respond ASAP,

Regards Woods.

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
Garrysmod has become more and more stickler with what you can run on a client.
more times than not in my recent experience if you try and use one of the run console command lua functions on a client to have them execute a server-side console command it'll get blocked.
There might be a way around this, I've not been able to find any. I've been starting to use net messages in place of console commands to send commands from the server to the client because of this.

Offline WoodsGaming

Never had this issue until now, i dont understand why all of a sudden this occurs.

Offline Aaron113

I had this issue with ANY command a few times in my day and usually a simple game restart would fix it.  It is entirely possible that it won't though.

Offline bender180

• Benders Villa
Never had this issue until now, i dont understand why all of a sudden this occurs.
Did this start after the most recent garrys mod update or more recently then that?
Made community pool and community bowling and for the life of me couldn't tell you why they are popular.
Also made the ttt ulx commands.

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
Did this start after the most recent garrys mod update or more recently then that?

It's been doing it to me for a while now, but like Aaron113 mentioned, usually restarting gmod fixes it.
I have no idea why it does it.

Offline WoodsGaming

Literally started happening yesterday.

Offline bender180

• Benders Villa
So i did some investigating and this is probably unrelated, but if the person has alt-tabed out of the game running a command on that client will return this, or do absolutely nothing.
Made community pool and community bowling and for the life of me couldn't tell you why they are popular.
Also made the ttt ulx commands.