Author Topic: Please help- ULX superadmin privaleges  (Read 2891 times)

Offline Lakoosha Jenkins

Please help- ULX superadmin privaleges
« on: April 21, 2015, 08:32:37 AM »
So i recently got a ttt server and i have everything down but my ULX doesnt give me the option to do adverts and im a superadmin, i think this might have to do with something i did before, I had a Dark RP server and accidently deleted the superadmin group but created another with everything but doesnt give me the option to advert and i cant find the file to insert it again. HELP PLEASE

http://i.imgur.com/R8xCPUl.jpg

Offline allofmywutsteam

• MNWO Owner
    • MNWO Discord
Re: Please help- ULX superadmin privaleges
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 09:00:13 AM »
If you have rcon access, try this:

rcon_password "enterhere"
enter key
rcon ulx removegroup "superadmin"; rcon ulx addgroup "superadmin" "admin"; rcon ulx adduser "yourname" "superadmin"
enter key

If that doesn't work, then the best bet is to re install ulx/ulib and deleting the currently existing data/ulib and data/ulx directories

Don't quote me on this. Simply what I would do
"Then Jesus said to his disciples, 'Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.'" - Matthew 16:24

MNWO: Steam | Discord | Website | Join Server

Offline Lakoosha Jenkins

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 09:24:01 AM »
If you have rcon access, try this:

rcon_password "enterhere"
enter key
rcon ulx removegroup "superadmin"; rcon ulx addgroup "superadmin" "admin"; rcon ulx adduser "yourname" "superadmin"
enter key

If that doesn't work, then the best bet is to re install ulx/ulib and deleting the currently existing data/ulib and data/ulx directories

Don't quote me on this. Simply what I would do

This works, but the server tab still isnt there where i can put the adverts in or remove commands that regular or mods can do.

Btw thanks for the fast reply!

Offline Caustic Soda-Senpai

• <Insert something clever here>
    • Steam Page
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 10:50:46 AM »
Your superadmin group doesn't have access. Either go through and give yourself access through the XGUI or (my recommendation) reinstall the latest version of ULX and ULib
Once you get to know me, you'll find you'll have never met me at all.

Offline lynx

Offline allofmywutsteam

• MNWO Owner
    • MNWO Discord
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 11:42:53 AM »
This works, but the server tab still isnt there where i can put the adverts in or remove commands that regular or mods can do.

Btw thanks for the fast reply!

You'll need to check the inherit properties for the groups. I suggest you re install ulx/ulib as per my previous comment. Otherwise, you'll need to figure out a way to allow the admin and superadmin groups via the xgui some hidden cmds which is allowing xgui_menu or something like that. I'm not home right now, but if you don't find a solution before then all the better. But in essence, there's a hidden category in the xgui that let's you choose whether or not a group can view certain tabs in the xgui (e.g. cmds, groups, bans, settings, etc).
"Then Jesus said to his disciples, 'Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.'" - Matthew 16:24

Offline Lakoosha Jenkins

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 12:29:19 PM »
Go read these few threads from the FAQ section:

http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,383.0.html
http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,5765.0.html
You'll need to check the inherit properties for the groups. I suggest you re install ulx/ulib as per my previous comment. Otherwise, you'll need to figure out a way to allow the admin and superadmin groups via the xgui some hidden cmds which is allowing xgui_menu or something like that. I'm not home right now, but if you don't find a solution before then all the better. But in essence, there's a hidden category in the xgui that let's you choose whether or not a group can view certain tabs in the xgui (e.g. cmds, groups, bans, settings, etc).

Finally got it to work ! thank you guys so much i was stuck on this for about a week!

Offline allofmywutsteam

• MNWO Owner
    • MNWO Discord
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 02:15:42 PM »
How did you get it to work? More often then not people set up support requests, and then state it's completed without telling everyone else the solution.

Only reason I ask is for future people who may have the same problem.

Offline Lakoosha Jenkins

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2015, 03:15:52 PM »
How did you get it to work? More often then not people set up support requests, and then state it's completed without telling everyone else the solution.

Only reason I ask is for future people who may have the same problem.
I followed what lynx said I went to the ulib groups, I edited the files there, i put all the files missing into the superadmin group and everything worked after that