Author Topic: Ulx Perma Admin  (Read 1334 times)

Offline Breadcat105

Ulx Perma Admin
« on: July 18, 2015, 11:25:25 AM »
Hey so I'm new to Ulx, but its AMAZING. Though I wanna make a  perma Admin, so when the Admin leaves the server they still have their abilities when they join back in.(Also on another note, I have two other questions. 1) Is there anyway to be like "Owner" Rank where none of the other Admins can Ban me or use Jail, or Freeze or anything on me? 2) How do perma demote an Admin to just the most basic player?) Thanks to any, and all who help reply!

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Ulx Perma Admin
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 08:26:35 PM »
Majority of your questions are answered in our FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) section - http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/board,30.0.html
ULX adduser is mostly permanent, so if it's not working for you, you likely have a conflicting admin mod. Since you mention owner, you likely have DarkRP, which has an admin mod that often conflicts with ULX. A FAQ for disabling the darkrp admin mod portion is included in our faq section.
If you decide to make an owner group, have it inherit superadmin, which is what Garry's mod expects to be the highest group.
I can't say I recommend actually creating any group "higher" than superadmin though.

See the 'can target, how it works now' FAQ for setting up your inheritance/can_target tree to prevent those 'under' you to perform functions on you.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming