Author Topic: Admin names displayed  (Read 2024 times)

Offline Lord Thyne

Admin names displayed
« on: August 17, 2015, 08:33:24 AM »
Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked and answered already, but I can't seem to find or phrase the question correctly.

I'm trying to have an admin on the server, without having his name displayed in red when people hold tab.
I've had it so that Operators have access to things and they don't show red, but they can't see steam names when spectating people. (I play murder)

Can anyone tell me how to have an admin, without them showing as red, but being able to see users names when in spec?

Thanks,

- Thyne -

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
Re: Admin names displayed
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 05:21:27 PM »
For something like this, I believe you would need to modify the scoreboard files.
Find where it checks to see if they're admin and changes/sets the color, and then either remove that bit or make the color the same as non-admins.

Offline Lord Thyne

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 11:57:45 AM »
Thanks for the response MrPresident, that's not the way I'd have thought to look at it.
I've had another look to see if I can find it, but clearly don't know my way around ULX enough, I can't find mention of it in any group file or find any file specifically referencing scoreboard.

Do you have any suggestions as to which file it might be or the area it might be in?

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 02:36:20 PM »
This isn't a ULX issue at all. You won't be modifying any ULX files.

You will need to modify the scoreboard that your server uses. Either for your gamemode, or if you are in sandbox, I believe the scoreboard is in the base gamemode.

Offline Lord Thyne

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 03:46:56 PM »
 :-*

I love you.