Author Topic: I am superadmin, but I cant spawn any admin props and I cant cleanup everything?  (Read 3036 times)

Offline Blaze Greenhalgh

Hi. I'm new to this forum, but I've used ulx for a while.
I ran into an issue the other day with ulx
I renamed the superadmin group to 'Owner' because that's what it is classed as and I think it messed something up.
I'm in that group, but I cant seem to use the 'Cleanup Everything' command in the spawn menu, and I cant spawn any admin items.
But I can still use superadmin ulx commands.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

I'm very new to this forum, just signed up, so I don't know how it all works yet :)
Thanks!!!

Offline Bytewave

• Respected Community Member
  • :)
    • My Homepage
>renamed superadmin to Owner
Yeeeah, don't do that. Garry's Mod is hard-coded to search for "superadmin", not something at a certain inheritance level.
The only solution, to my knowledge, is to factory reset ULX, which does unfortunately mean losing your configuration. Check out the post in the FAQs if you don't know how.
bw81@ulysses-forums ~ % whoami
Homepage

Offline roastchicken

• I write code
Why would he have to do a clean install of ULX? All he has to do is create a new superadmin group/rename his Owner group (I'm not sure if you can actually rename the groups). If you really want an owner group that still works with addons who give permissions to people based on group name, just create a new Owner group and set it to inherit from superadmin.
Give a man some code and you help him for a day; teach a man to code and you help him for a lifetime.

Offline Bytewave

• My Homepage
Why would he have to do a clean install of ULX? All he has to do is create a new superadmin group/rename his Owner group (I'm not sure if you can actually rename the groups). If you really want an owner group that still works with addons who give permissions to people based on group name, just create a new Owner group and set it to inherit from superadmin.
From what I recall, assuming I recall correctly, recreating or otherwise renaming the superadmin group didn't help much of anything. That also assumes nothing has changed.
Homepage

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
I'll pay $20 U.S. to anyone that writes an SMF module that warns pre-post, and then locks if posted anyway, anyone questioning any 'superadmin' group access function breaking  (be it in ANY script, ulx or not) after placing oneself in any group that isn't superadmin, or having renamed/deleted superadmin group.

$50 to the person that can then convince the rest of my team, as it stands now*, to implement it for ulyssesmod forums.
(Megiddo, Stickly Man, MrPresident, myself)
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Blaze Greenhalgh

...thanks

I'll try this, It's my own fault, I'm stupid :P

Offline Bytewave

• My Homepage
...thanks

I'll try this, It's my own fault, I'm stupid :P
Hey, man, we all make mistakes. It's nothing to fret about.
It would be advisable to read the FAQs before posting, however. ;)

I'll pay $20 U.S. to anyone that writes an SMF module that warns pre-post, and then locks if posted anyway, anyone questioning any 'superadmin' group access function breaking  (be it in ANY script, ulx or not) after placing oneself in any group that isn't superadmin, or having renamed/deleted superadmin group.

$50 to the person that can then convince the rest of my team, as it stands now*, to implement it for ulyssesmod forums.
(Megiddo, Stickly Man, MrPresident, myself)

I wonder if SMF would play nice with bot crawling...
Homepage

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
Bots don't make posts. :)
Only members do.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Bytewave

• My Homepage
Bots don't make posts. :)
Only members do.
I meant having a spider crawl the RSS feed and look for the occurrence of "superadmin" and "rename(d)" in the post body or title and either flagging it or using a moderator level account to lock and link to the FAQs. More of a reddit like approach, probably not practical.
It'd lbe like an /u/AutoModerator for SMF.
Homepage

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
Ah ok.
It's an idea.
:)

Offline Professor_Smiley

Hey, man, we all make mistakes. It's nothing to fret about.
It would be advisable to read the FAQs before posting, however. ;)
I wonder if SMF would play nice with bot crawling...
I've made smaller mistakes on facepunch.
Long story short, banned.