Author Topic: Looking for Scripting team  (Read 2130 times)

Offline Golden-Death

• Honored Lua Scripter
    • BlueFire
Looking for Scripting team
« on: May 26, 2007, 08:07:03 PM »
I would continue to upgrade my old gamemode, HaloGM, but various people have already told me they've been converting it over to GM10 themselves. As such, I thought it'd be great to start a new gamemode.

I'm willing to do it by myself, but dividing the work up with some one else who's willing to make a great gamemode sounds great to me too.

Basically, it's going to involve some combat, and construction. A sort of fort wars.

Players build forts like they so love to do, but a variety of Sents and other items will be available to them, such as having holographic doors and trap turrets to keep enemies out. It will offer other styles of play, such as allowing it to be a sort of death match, or a capture the flag. Perhaps a mode where the entire server builds a fort, then splits into teams for a sort of Capture-the-hill type gamemode.

Any one up for the challenge?

--Ideas section--
Sents:
Holo-door
Tracking turret
Mines

Money system to buy above sents. Perhaps awarded on kills/caps.

Sent that spawns weapons for players who have purchased them. (Ie, buy an AK-47 spawning machine)

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Looking for Scripting team
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 03:48:34 PM »
I know you haven't gotten any response to this GD. Just wanted to let you know I like the idea, but am way to busy. When not at work, I almost wish I was. Prepping/packing/looking for a new house. No this isn't forced, its just 3 years of lazyness to make the house look sellable.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Golden-Death

• Honored Lua Scripter
    • BlueFire
Re: Looking for Scripting team
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 06:15:26 PM »
Thats ok, I just teamed up with some one to remake the new HaloGM :)