Author Topic: Workshop  (Read 2086 times)

Offline Desasterx3

Workshop
« on: February 10, 2016, 08:13:25 AM »
This Version does not work for me.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Re: Workshop
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 08:53:23 AM »

This Version does not work for me.

I cannot help you with the information you have provided.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline Desasterx3

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 12:57:59 PM »
If i add it to a collection, it gets downloaded but is not working, it is not being extracted, like most addons, but they do work, not like the ULX and ULIB addons provided. Yes i have it all correctly installed on the server as other addons do work perfectly fine.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 02:19:04 PM »
You added both ULX and ULib? But they aren't being extracted? I have no idea what would cause that, but it's out of our control anyways. In that case, use the traditional method of installation.

Offline Desasterx3

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 04:59:30 AM »
That's what i did.
But you might have misunderstood what i meant there.

As you can see, addons downloaded through workshop are down at the bottom as unextracted .gma files
The folders are either extracted addons ( manually not on the server ) or addons, like ulx, that are only there as folders.
NO Addons are being extracted on any server! ULX needs to be extracted to work. It simply doesn't work on dedicated servers. It might on listen servers. Have you ever tried using it on Dedicated ones? Has it ever worked? I just cant imagine it would work as it isn't getting extracted.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 08:24:42 AM »
You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding on how Workshop functions. Yes, ULX on Workshop works for everyone but you, if they use Workshop properly.

You do not need to create folders or do any extracting yourself using Workshop. There are plenty of guides online on how to use Workshop addons. If you don't want to use Workshop, refer to our instructions for traditional installation.

Offline Desasterx3

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 09:09:08 AM »
I do perfectly know how workshop works, the folders you can see there are addons i extracted because i wanted to edit them. I can remove them at any time. Every Addon i subscribe to and put into the collection works perfectly fine. Except for ULX. I dont know if you ever tried using it on a dedicated server. IT does not work!

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Workshop
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 09:18:39 AM »
I have no idea what you're trying to do. But, Workshop works for everyone else. Even on dedicated servers.

If you just want something to extract, use our zip on our download page.

Offline Desasterx3

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2016, 01:42:05 PM »
Apparently youre not meant to understand what im saying. Im just gonna stop the discussion here.

Offline roastchicken

• Respected Community Member
  • I write code
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2016, 03:37:38 PM »
You're saying it doesn't work on your dedicated server, and therefor assuming it doesn't work on dedicated servers period. Megiddo is explaining to you that it indeed DOES work on dedicated servers.

I second Megiddo's statement that ULib and ULX Workshop versions work fine on dedicated servers. I just added them to my collection and they work fine. To clarify: I went to the workshop pages for ULib and ULX, added them to my server's collection, and started the server. Here's a console log: http://pastebin.com/qrjMdTCQ.

For whatever reason the Workshop version of ULib, ULX is not working, it is not a fault on ULib/ULX's side. Hope you can get it working though!
Give a man some code and you help him for a day; teach a man to code and you help him for a lifetime.