ULX

Author Topic: ULX Group permissions help  (Read 3587 times)

Offline Numjucks

ULX Group permissions help
« on: April 23, 2016, 10:56:24 AM »
Hi, i created some new ULX staff jobs such as: Senior Operator, Head Admin, and Community Manager. I inherted the Senior Operator from Operator, but they can do things admins can, like spawn entities and stuff. I already set the GROUPCANTARGET. can someone help? i want to make it so only the Community manager can spawn things, Yes. i'v already went into the game files and set the things. help. please.

Offline Caustic Soda-Senpai

• <Insert something clever here>
    • Steam Page
Re: ULX Group permissions help
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 12:40:26 PM »
If they inherit admin, they can spawn things since that's what (according to gmod) an admin can do. If they don't inherit admin, then they can't.

Can_target has NOTHING to do with permissions except what rank they can run commands on.
Once you get to know me, you'll find you'll have never met me at all.

Offline Bytewave

• Respected Community Member
  • :)
    • My Homepage
Re: ULX Group permissions help
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 03:51:08 PM »
If they inherit admin, they can spawn things since that's what (according to gmod) an admin can do. If they don't inherit admin, then they can't.

Can_target has NOTHING to do with permissions except what rank they can run commands on.
To second this, most mods check Player:IsAdmin() for admin-level permissions, and Player:IsSuperAdmin() for root/operator-level permissions. ULX overrides these two functions so that they respect the tree of inheritance, so any players in groups >= admin will be considered "admin", and any in >= superadmin will be considered "superadmin".
You'll have to rethink your inheritance tree, basically.
bw81@ulysses-forums ~ % whoami
Homepage