Author Topic: Issue with DarkRP names.  (Read 5544 times)

Offline DankNessProvides

Issue with DarkRP names.
« on: May 15, 2016, 11:02:53 AM »
Me and a friend own a server that is fully working with a steady playerbase but we have one massive issue and that is to do with changing their rpnames. We are having the issue where if a player changed their name to something other than their original name they can't change it back. We are completely unsure of what is causing this no commands work to change their names back commands we tryed are: darkrp forcerpname <currentname> <nametheywant>.  if they want to change their names back to something they had before it doesn't let them it just says Unable to change name RPname already taken. It is as if everytime someone changes their name the server creates a new profile for the same steamid even though it already has one. Looking for a possible solution or just a lead on what could be causing the issue.

Offline iViscosity

• Respected Community Member
Re: Issue with DarkRP names.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 12:35:30 PM »
What I would assume (without seeing any code or any known issues) is that when they are changing their rpname, the old name doesn't get overwritten, just changed. If that's the case (I'd guess, I'm not the best at DarkRP stuff) then you need to find someway that makes it when their rpname changes, to completely overwrite their previous name. I believe the issue would that; they're changing their name but their previous name is still in a table of sorts. You need to make that old name be removed when they change it.

I could be wrong, I'm not great with DarkRP.
I'm iViscosity. I like gaming and programming. Need some help? Shoot me PM.

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 12:48:53 PM »
This is not a ULX issue. Moving to Off Topic.

Offline Caustic Soda-Senpai

• <Insert something clever here>
    • Steam Page
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 04:48:05 PM »
Make sure you're on the latest version of DarkRP and report back.
Once you get to know me, you'll find you'll have never met me at all.

Offline LuaTenshi

• Just your ordinary moon angel!
    • Mirai.Red
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 07:16:39 PM »
Me and a friend own a server that is fully working with a steady playerbase but we have one massive issue and that is to do with changing their rpnames. We are having the issue where if a player changed their name to something other than their original name they can't change it back. We are completely unsure of what is causing this no commands work to change their names back commands we tryed are: darkrp forcerpname <currentname> <nametheywant>.  if they want to change their names back to something they had before it doesn't let them it just says Unable to change name RPname already taken. It is as if everytime someone changes their name the server creates a new profile for the same steamid even though it already has one. Looking for a possible solution or just a lead on what could be causing the issue.

If a name is taken and you want to have it you can simply do darkrp freerpname <currentname> <nameyouwant> then set their name with the command you specified above.

For future DarkRP related questions... ULX is just an admin mod, and does not act on things like setting RP names and or game-mode related things like DarkRP jobs/limits. If any one is having issues on DarkRP please check out http://wiki.darkrp.com/index.php/Main_Page or http://forum.darkrp.com/ first.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 07:19:12 PM by LuaTenshi »
I cry every time I see that I am not a respected member of this community.