Author Topic: How big is too big?  (Read 2156 times)

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
How big is too big?
« on: September 11, 2008, 08:51:41 PM »
Some of you (well, at least one of the readers here) know I check Woot.com (almost) daily.
Though rarely looking for anything in particular, I sometimes find fun gift ideas, or other various electronics for a good deal that I just _can't_ live wthout.

Recently, my wife and I discussed looking for a large screen TV for our new home "once we sold our old home".
Timing was recently perfect it seemed. As noted in the 'house for sale' post, we sold.
Short while later, Woot.com had a 65" TV.
We purchased it. It arrived today.
Wow.
It's just incredible. I'm not sure even seeing one that size in stores helps one imagine what it actually looks like alone, in a living room.
My wife has a few pictures of it coming off the truck and me on top of the box, laying long-wise.

I'll post them when she gets them off the camera.

Our next purchase will be new living room furniture to go with it. We've been looking, and have only found one or two wall units that would fit and that we like.
Even less couches.

Needless to say, we're enjoying our new home.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Re: How big is too big?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 09:35:17 AM »
If you can sleep on it, it's too big. :P
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline WildWill

• Global Moderator
    • Beast_Building_Server
Re: How big is too big?
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 10:12:52 AM »
I got a 48" DLP for my den the other day off Criagslist and it's great. We only have about 10' away that we can sit from it so I would say it's about as big as we could have gone anyways.  I can't wait to see some pics of the livingroom stuff you got.  I'm still searching for living room stuff on craigslist but alas all we've found so far is junk. All good living room furniture come to those how wait.. :)