Author Topic: Command Remember  (Read 4977 times)

Offline ETTETT

Command Remember
« on: August 26, 2009, 07:35:40 AM »
If you put player to jail he usually disconnects and connects again for unjail himself.

New thing for ULX would be that: If you give jail for players it put playername and steamid to safe and lookup everytime if same player connects it put him to jail.

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
  • What even IS software anymore?
    • XGUI
Re: Command Remember
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 08:56:10 AM »
From what I remember, I thought ULX already did that.. Maybe a gmod update broke it and noone noticed.. Or maybe Megiddo has implanted false hopes of actual ulx functionality into my brain! Or maybe I'm just making stuff up lol-- Either way, Megiddo would know. If ulx doesn't already, that does sound like a good feature!
Join our Team Ulysses community discord! https://discord.gg/gR4Uye6

Offline ETTETT

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 09:01:02 AM »
I think that too it would be good idea, because players joins again if they got jailed or blinded or whatever.

++++ Strip would work too like that but different way :P

If people is in jail he can shoot behind jail, so if you strip him he just use some command to kill himself and he spawn back to jail and he start shooting again.

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 09:18:50 AM »
This should be a pretty easy feature to implement. I already have a few ideas of how to do this. On another note, doesn't jail disable the kill command?

:)--FIRST POST FROM THE PHONE--(:
An error only becomes a mistake when you refuse to correct it. --JFK

"And thus the downfall of the great ULX dynasty was wrought not by another dynasty, but the slow and steady deterioration of the leaders themselves, followed by the deprecation of the great knowledge they possessed." -Gmod, Chapter 28, verse 34 -- Stickly

Offline Euphytose

• I love Lemonade!
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 09:34:42 AM »
This should be a pretty easy feature to implement. I already have a few ideas of how to do this. On another note, doesn't jail disable the kill command?

:)--FIRST POST FROM THE PHONE--(:

If the player kills himself he respawns in the jail, from what I see on my server.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 09:35:56 AM »
iPhone, Jay?

We don't do this because if a user is reconnecting to get out of punishment, he should just be banned anyways. Otherwise, it's easy to jail someone and forget about them.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 11:18:32 AM »
Nope, sprint instinct. :P

I think jail should at least strip the user by default though.
An error only becomes a mistake when you refuse to correct it. --JFK

"And thus the downfall of the great ULX dynasty was wrought not by another dynasty, but the slow and steady deterioration of the leaders themselves, followed by the deprecation of the great knowledge they possessed." -Gmod, Chapter 28, verse 34 -- Stickly

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
  • What even IS software anymore?
    • XGUI
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 01:05:57 PM »
Awesome, I'm getting a Palm Pre in a couple weeks  ;D

@Megiddo, How about only resetting them back into jail if a time limit is set? Say they get set to jail for 5 minutes, if they disconnect you can either pause the countdown or keep it going, and when they rejoin they'll still be jailed for whatever time was remaining. That way noone ever really gets 'Forgotten', and if admins are sick of people rejoining to get out of jail, they should learn to set a time penalty more :P

EDIT: Plus I don't think jail should strip weapons, Its kindof fun seeing them blow themselves up! Plus since they kindof have something to do they may not complain as much or whatnot
Join our Team Ulysses community discord! https://discord.gg/gR4Uye6

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 02:57:56 PM »
I'm sorry, but, when I put someone in jail (ULX figuratively, or real life literally), I _don't_ want them to have something to do to entertain themselves.
As for ULX jail, let them rot until 1) I remember to let them out. 2) they come back, remind me I put them in jail and get the deat...uh, er, ban penalty
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline bennie900

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 03:05:58 PM »
Real jail? Are you a cop or judge or some thing?  :P

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 03:12:56 PM »
"Some thing".

Stickly's idea of a jail time/session persistent countdown isn't all bad though.
Would take some extra addition to the .getExclusive code and some type of storage system, perhaps similar to our temp bans system?
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline [WCA]AIDS

• PlanetWCA Forums
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 08:06:07 PM »
I think it would be best to make use of SQLite and save to sv.db.

Would be a simple change, just do an sql update on execute of !jail, then sql query on connect.
if steamid == present in sql.table then !jail end
else
end

Offline ETTETT

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2009, 10:17:41 AM »
:D This post is grown up :D