ULX

Author Topic: IS there any type of player ranking system around for GM13? Winner gets points?  (Read 2281 times)

Offline sal101

Is there any type of Ranking system made for GM13? By that I mean, have a small server list that  ranks people by specific variables such as time on server for example...

I.E IF X played longer than Y, X would be First in the list

The list would maybe be enabled client side by a command maybe !rank or something?

Dunno if theres one out there, it would be cool if there was

I also have another question, if anyone is familiar with The Pointshop mod, is there a script around that would give  the winning team extra points?

I.e if x y  and z are on Runners, and E  is on death If y and z die, but X is able to kill E and win he gets 5 points... Vice versa.. If Death wins he/they get 5 points.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Not sure what you mean ranks.
If you mean groups, may want to check out Autopromote in our releases area.
Somewhere in later pages (or re-release) I think someone ported to Gmod13.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
Me means like a player standing list. Sorted by certain criteria.

There is nothing like that that I know of. To make one you would need to store the data in some sort of archive and retrieval system (likely SQLite or MySQL).

Offline sal101

Ah, Yeah President is right on in terms of what I meant.

Thanks for the quick replies, how about in regards to the question about pointshop?

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
You would have to edit the code for TTT or Deathrun or whatever gamemode you are running. You would then have to add a line to add points to that player.

Most of us here are neither familiar with those gamemodes or Pointshop so I can't give you specific help, sorry.

Offline nathan736

if your using point shop theres a easy way to do it  ttt its easy as well death run although you need to find hooks for it
a person asked me how to code lua and i said this " its like building a rocket up side down then  realizing you did it all wrong."