Author Topic: A few suggestions  (Read 2213 times)

Offline RoadDogg

A few suggestions
« on: March 17, 2013, 03:36:28 AM »
My suggestions are relevant to DarkRP.

- Change team (Admin can change a players job, from something like 'Police' to 'Citizen', it displays all the jobs server has to provide, but can only be changed to jobs that are designed for the usergroup)
- Ban from job (Bans a player from job)
- Unban from job (Unbans a player from job)

Pretty much, 3 important FAdmin powers, but made for ULX. (Lots of people have to remove FAdmin, sadly, because ULX and FAdmin can cause problems on a server)

Offline RoadDogg

Re: A few suggestions
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 08:46:45 AM »
1) I never mentioned sandbox?
2) With FAdmin removed, there isnt a change team option.

Offline nathan736

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 09:45:50 AM »
if you need this done and fadmin is NOT posable i could hut down the   commands that are used with f admin that you need to use now that you cant use the gui for it (the commands are probably still there)

shity old post bellow
==OK in a nut shell f-admin does EVERYTHING you want  so why not use it ? its not rocket science nor do you need to re invent the tab menu lol==
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 07:05:42 AM by nathan736 »
a person asked me how to code lua and i said this " its like building a rocket up side down then  realizing you did it all wrong."

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 01:30:14 PM »
Roaddogg,
Though nathan doesn't speak for the team, indeed, we have no intention of writing game-mode specific commands directly into ULX.
You or any other community member may write modules to tie gamemodes into ULX commands.

We appreciate you using ULX, and hope that you can find a feature that will tie in jobs/roles/teams/groups.
I've no idea how various gamemodes work, but, there may be some way you can use the Uteam feature within Ulib to tie in teams to groups.
Just search for later posts that discuss it. (It's now included in ulib by default)

"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming