Author Topic: Chaos/Tyguy ChatTag discussion  (Read 8965 times)

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
Re: Chaos/Tyguy ChatTag discussion
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2014, 08:48:07 AM »
The topic should be removed and he should be banned, that should be the least that happens.
Please do not backseat moderate.

You are upset, and that is somewhat understandable. Banning people will not undo what happened. Like JamminR said, we all learn from our mistakes and grow from them. Please move on from this.

Chaos - Seeing as you did admit to having used his code (in part or in majority, it doesn't matter), you will be required to give him credit. Both in your thread stating that your code was based on his original release and also inside of your lua files. This is what is fair. Please make this happen.

I'm sorry if this action is not to your liking tyguy, but like I said before, lua is inherently open source. Unless you released your code under a license (and even if you did, it's a gray area) you have no legal right to tell people what they can and can not do with it. People still have a moral obligation to give credit though. We here at Ulysses will happily enforce that moral obligation.

Offline Neku

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2014, 02:06:46 PM »
Tyguy, I understand where you're coming from, but you can't just harass people like that over steam.

I know that I'm not involved in the conversation, but isn't it enough that he admitted it?
Out of the Garry's Mod business.

Offline Bite That Apple

• Apple Innovations 2010®
    • Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2014, 06:33:20 PM »
I did all what you requested Mr. President.

Anyways, back to going back to inactivity. I'll see you all in the whenever, good day now.
Quote from: John F. Kennedy 1963
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.

Offline tyguy

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2014, 02:52:38 PM »
Haha? Harass him over Steam? I'd love to see what he considers 'harass' to be (please post pics)

This user didn't even ask if he could repost an almost exact copy of my work and give me no credit, but whatever - remind me not to make anymore public releases.

Next time, just give me credit - and this wouldn't have happened.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2014, 03:15:53 PM »
Tyguy, it's unfortunate that your code was taken without attribution, but your response makes it difficult for us to empathize with you. Locking thread.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.