ULX

Author Topic: All of the ancient commands still here?  (Read 2307 times)

Offline WispySkies

• I make random commands and Lua errors.
All of the ancient commands still here?
« on: November 01, 2015, 03:16:11 PM »
After I open !menu I go to Groups, superadmin, permissions and give me the permissions to EVERY command I have made and saved as a .lua on my computer. All fine (some are under development, check Dev. Corner threads by me)! And then I scroll ALL the way down and see _Uncategorized. Here you have a copy of every command Ive added, even ones I have removed! Its just a pain as it gets longer, any way to fix this?

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
  • What even IS software anymore?
    • XGUI
Re: All of the ancient commands still here?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 08:15:29 PM »
ULib keeps track of commands in your server's data\ulib\misc_registered.txt file. I can't remember what the purpose of the file is (Megiddo would know), but I think you should be able to delete the whole file (or open it up and remove individual lines of old commands) and be fine. You'll also want to double check your server's data\ulib\groups.txt file and make sure any old commands aren't assigned to any groups.
Join our Team Ulysses community discord! https://discord.gg/gR4Uye6

Offline WispySkies

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 01:44:10 PM »
Thanks Stickly it worked! It was getting to be a real pain .-.

Offline Bite That Apple

• Apple Innovations 2010®
    • Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 10:32:12 PM »
ULib keeps track of commands in your server's data\ulib\misc_registered.txt file. I can't remember what the purpose of the file is (Megiddo would know), but I think you should be able to delete the whole file (or open it up and remove individual lines of old commands) and be fine. You'll also want to double check your server's data\ulib\groups.txt file and make sure any old commands aren't assigned to any groups.

To my knowledge it does nothing useful (aside from like if you had an addon you removed, but forgot what it was called and looked at the old files to find it in uncategorized). You can freely delete it, and nothing bad will happen, ulx is smart and will recreate it.
Quote from: John F. Kennedy 1963
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
  • What even IS software anymore?
    • XGUI
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 05:42:12 PM »
Just talked to Megiddo- the misc_registered.txt file exists solely to let ULX know which commands have been registered, and that default accesses been set to the groups. If this file is deleted, ULX will treat every command like it's never been on the server, and thus reapply the initial permissions for each command.

Because so many people get these '_Uncategorized' commands building up after a while, I'll be implementing a cleanup button somewhere that will remove no-longer-installed commands/permissions, and remove any references to them in the groups.txt/users.txt files. You can check my progress here:
https://github.com/Nayruden/Ulysses/issues/527
Join our Team Ulysses community discord! https://discord.gg/gR4Uye6

Offline WispySkies

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 05:57:33 PM »
Thanks! Also, check your messages, I had a question on tabs from a post from 2013 if you don't mind :D