22 (18.5%)
I Don't Care, I Use The Console
14 (11.8%)
No
4 (3.4%)
I Prefer The Old GUI
8 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Author Topic: URestrict [Depreciated-author no longer supports]  (Read 471985 times)

Offline Drakehawke

• Serious Roleplaying Hell
Re: URestrict
« Reply #510 on: December 30, 2009, 05:11:00 AM »
Seems everyone out in the Gmod Lua world is now jumping on the 'restrict tools based on <x>' bandwagon.
In a Facepunch thread where someone released a tool restrict tool, FPtje comments he's adding that feature to his FPP.
http://www.facepunch.com/showpost.php?p=19231418&postcount=21

He's going so far as to allow restriction based on team it seems.

Everyone's jumping on this bandwagon cause people are starting to get fed up of how ASSMod is never updated, has compatibility issues with most things other than sandbox, and isn't very customisable. Then of course everyone discovered URestrict doesn't work properly with DarkRP, and so everyone started making their own.

Just yesterday FPtje released an FPP update so you can make your own groups within FPP, so if you wanted you could replicate your custom ULX groups within FPP. He won't just make it add the groups to FPP automatically, something about refusing to make DarkRP/FPP dependant on anything else.

Offline gamgod101

« Reply #511 on: January 08, 2010, 03:36:20 PM »
Ok, so this will probably be some noobie mistake I'm making that everyone else has easily fixed by themselves, but I cant figure it out.

I have added Urestrict to the addons, restarted the server, and given myself the command urestrict, but when I try to use that command, it says i do not have access to it. I have tried giving my group permissions for the command as well, restarting the server, etc, and nothing has worked. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #512 on: January 08, 2010, 06:13:02 PM »
Make sure you're giving yourself access to "URestrict" ... lua is case sensitive... not urestrict, not Urestrict, but should be "URestrict"
Other than that, no ideas right now, not sure what other access checking Jay does.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #513 on: January 09, 2010, 03:27:49 PM »
Are you at least an admin? If yes, what version of ULib are you running? Do you notice any errors in the server console on start-up? Is it currently restricting you to a default loadout (Physgun, Gravgun, Cam, and tool)?
An error only becomes a mistake when you refuse to correct it. --JFK

"And thus the downfall of the great ULX dynasty was wrought not by another dynasty, but the slow and steady deterioration of the leaders themselves, followed by the deprecation of the great knowledge they possessed." -Gmod, Chapter 28, verse 34 -- Stickly

Offline Lambda

« Reply #514 on: January 10, 2010, 05:51:18 PM »
How do you make it so a loadout makes a user actually have the weapon when they spawn? I can give myself the SWEP from the menu with the loadout on, but it's the Buddy Finder and I'd like everyone on the server to have one.
A blacklist system wouldn't be bad either <_<

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #515 on: January 11, 2010, 09:14:41 AM »
How do you make it so a loadout makes a user actually have the weapon when they spawn?
     - This currently is not a feature of URestrict, but it will come somtime in the future. Currently the only way is to make a simple loadout script.
A blacklist system wouldn't be bad either <_<
     - Same as the above, but I'm currently looking towards a way to incorporate it in a nice way lol.

"And thus the downfall of the great ULX dynasty was wrought not by another dynasty, but the slow and steady deterioration of the leaders themselves, followed by the deprecation of the great knowledge they possessed." -Gmod, Chapter 28, verse 34 -- Stickly

Offline Mp633

« Reply #516 on: January 17, 2010, 01:11:40 PM »
Could you make it so you can restrict entities too? This is a great tool but I don't like that there isn't a way to restrict certain entities to certain groups.

Offline Kenny_

« Reply #517 on: January 17, 2010, 02:55:54 PM »
There is a way to restrict entities, it has to be done in the console.
urestrict denyspawn user sent gmod_fairy
I just discovered it a few weeks ago after trying to add the restriction code to the sents themselves.

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #518 on: January 17, 2010, 09:18:05 PM »
Thanks Kenny :)

Offline Mp633

« Reply #519 on: January 18, 2010, 12:09:06 PM »
There is a way to restrict entities, it has to be done in the console.I just discovered it a few weeks ago after trying to add the restriction code to the sents themselves.

I tried that but users can still spawn the entities that I restricted for them.

Offline Kenny_

« Reply #520 on: January 18, 2010, 06:15:30 PM »
Are there any errors in the console?

Offline Mp633

« Reply #521 on: January 19, 2010, 02:41:27 PM »
No, there are no lua errors.

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #522 on: January 19, 2010, 03:20:47 PM »
Did you check both the server and client consoles?

Offline The_code

« Reply #523 on: January 20, 2010, 01:44:13 PM »
Hello everyone. I installed ULib SVN and URestrict, and it works great.
But I have a problem, when i make a ULX command i get the message in console:
"FCVAR_SERVER_CAN_EXECUTE prevented server running command: __dsr"

What should I do?
Im running a dedicated server.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #524 on: January 20, 2010, 06:06:15 PM »
Using SVN of ULX? It's required for SVN ULib.
__dsr is apparently an internal command/error of Gmod datastream. I know SVN of both ULX and ULib use datastream.

If your using SVN of both, make sure you've restarted your server (actual shutdown and back up, not just a map restart) since going to SVN.
Also make sure if using sv_downloadurl that you've uploaded your servers recreated cache since the shutdown/restart.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming