ULX

Author Topic: Sandbox settings never saving?  (Read 7065 times)

Offline Hyperion

Sandbox settings never saving?
« on: March 10, 2014, 11:54:52 AM »
Whenever I change the Sandbox settings sliders, they never carry over to the next season. Same for "Spawn with weapons". GMod saves only non-Wire settings, when creating a listen server. And whenever I try to override it with ULX ingame, it won't save for the next season (yes I quit GMod normally by pressing the quit button). And even those native GMod server settings are sometimes changing back, frequently the Limited physgun (which doesn't even work ingame) and Enable weapons; not to even mention that whenever I use the GMod sliders at utilities, they frequently spaz out and spam my console till I restart the server- mainly the sv_Gravity, phys_timescale and all wire devices. It never saves neither for when I change it over the utilities, the console or the ULX UI.

Not sure if this is a bug or if only I have this failure, but how can I fix it? Or is the only reliable way to change server settings through the listenserver.cfg file?

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
  • What even IS software anymore?
    • XGUI
Re: Sandbox settings never saving?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 12:18:38 PM »
If you look at the note next on the XGUI sandbox tab, it says this:

"NOTE: The non-ulx cvars configurable in XGUI are provided for easy access only and DO NOT SAVE when the server is shut down or crashes."

So yes, the only reliable way to set these values permanently is to use the listenserver.cfg or server.cfg files.
Join our Team Ulysses community discord! https://discord.gg/gR4Uye6

Offline Hyperion

Re: Sandbox settings never saving?
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 12:21:21 PM »
Oh dear, I probably forgot it over the time as I didn't pay attention to it since the first days. Well I also wanted to mention the default GMod settings sometimes not saving, okay I'll stick to those .cfgs