ULX

Author Topic: Umotd Revised (U2)  (Read 5012 times)

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Umotd Revised (U2)
« on: February 01, 2008, 06:29:59 PM »
Coming to a Garry's mod Lua Releases forum near you.

This feature is not yet rated.
(re)Production is expected Spring of 2008
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 06:36:30 PM by JamminR »
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
Re: Umotd Revised (U2)
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 08:12:49 PM »
Mr.P Supports this...

Offline WildWill

• Global Moderator
    • Beast_Building_Server
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 05:17:05 AM »
Yea!! I can't wait to use this again. This time I am going to use it to it full potential!!

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 08:34:06 PM »
A behind the scenes production still. (Must be registered to view)
Most of the production is "in the can".
Still lots of editing to be done.

The image only shows a small portion of the info available on that screen.
I have (most of) the server limits down the scrollbar.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 09:38:04 PM »
Good work! :D
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline Avien

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 12:41:57 PM »
Very nice.  Can't wait for a release.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 09:21:58 PM »
Request for suggestion.
(Don't suggest wire, I'm considering a whole new template for it already. So many variables exist though, it would be a pain.)
The following 'variables' when placed in HTML or text file, will fill in with the information stated.
The image I posted before includes many of them.
Can any of you think of any other good ones, or stuff you think is missing that shouldn't be.

Variable       

%curadmins%     
%curnumadmins% 
%curcon%       
%curmap%       
%curplayers%   
%defgame%       
%game%         
%hostname       
%pingtimes%     
%Umotd_ver%     
%uptime_secs%   
%uptime_short% 
%uptime_full%   

SERVER SETTINGS

%cheats%       
%noclip%       
%allownpcs%     
%godmode%       
%plpldamage%   

SERVER SETTINGS

%maxplayers%   
%maxballoons%   
%maxbuttons%   
%maxdynamite%   
%maxeffects%   
%maxemitters%   
%maxprops%     
%maxhoverballs%
%maxlamps%     
%maxnpcs%       
%maxragdolls%   
%maxsents%     
%maxthrusters%
%maxturrets% 
%maxwheels%     
%maxvehicles%
Description (convar, if available)                                                             

List of Admin names(w/first level) connected                                                 
 Number of detected admins                                                                     
 Number of players currently connected (custom)                                               
 Current mapname (game.GetMap())                                                               
 List of current players, seperated by a comma and a space. (custom)                           
 Default game mode (sv_defaultgamemode)                                                       
 Current game mode (sv_gamemode)                                                               
 Server name (hostname)                                                                       
 low = #, high = #, average = # - Ping times. (custom)                                         
 Umotd version                                                                                 
 Server uptime in seconds only.                                                               
 Server uptime in "##:##:##:##:## (wk:d:hr:min:sec)" format. (Custom)                         
 Server uptime in "# weeks, # days, # hours, # minutes, # seconds." format. (Custom)           

(Switches)                                                                                       

On or Off                                                                                     
 On or Off                                                                                     
 On or Off                                                                                     
 On or Off                                                                                     
 On or Off                                                                                     

(server Limits) (these should be obvious, REALLY!)                                                     

Number of maximum players (sv_maxplayers) - If you use sv_visiblemaxplayers, this returns that.
Number of maximum balloons                                                                     
Number of maximum buttons                                                                     
Number of maximum dynamite                                                                     
Number of maximum effects                                                                     
Number of maximum emitters                                                                     
Number of maximum props                                                                       
Number of maximum hoverballs                                                                   
Number of maximum lamps                                                                       
Number of maximum npcs                                                                         
Number of maximum ragdools                                                                     
Number of maximum sents                                                                       
Number of maximum thrusters                                                                   
Number of maximum turrets
Number of maximum wheels                                                                       
Number of maximum vehicles                                                                     
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 01:50:03 PM by JamminR »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 01:52:32 PM »
I've got code working in multiplayer now. I've also added sound to when the motd loads.
Not random yet, but intend to use the following in a table.

/vo/canals/gunboat_herelook.wav
/vo/canals/shanty_hey.wav
/vo/canals/shanty_gotword.wav
/common/warning.wav
/doors/door_latch3.wav
/npc/roller/blade_out.wav

I'm still looking for suggestions of both sound, dynamic variables, and features people might want.

Slayer3032

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 08:05:20 PM »
Could you add support for things such as a hyperlink?

Currently if you have one in your motd you crash if you click it.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2008, 08:38:46 PM »
Though this isn't meant to be a browser, I've been attempting to figure that out so that people can at least add mod pack download links.
Not sure I know how to fix it. Still working on it.

Offline Eb

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 12:15:43 PM »
Will there be something that makes sure that the players read the motd? I've heard of a plugin that kicks players who don't read the motd by saying at the top "to close the motd, press 1.", and if the player presses 1 it kicks them. while at the bottom it says "to really close the motd, press 2", pressing 2 closes it. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find the said plugin. If it is going to be implemented, can we have custom kick and close keys for the motd?

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 04:45:36 PM »
I hadn't really planned that Eb. Though, I don't believe it would be difficult for me to throw in an extra button if a 'ForceRead' variable was set, with two button text variables that could be set too. Accept/Deny, and text some where in each file that would say which button to push.
Maybe even go one step further and add in randomizing code, since I'm using variables in text anyway. This randomizing could be like %random_forced%, and somewhere in the motd it could be "Click %random_forced% to continue and spawn"

Development of this has stalled quite a bit. Ok, well, it's stopped.
I can't figure out why it's crashing on links, and I've not had the time to catch Megiddo/spbogie and ask for help (which would also probably force fix of the ULX motd crash too)

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2008, 11:38:41 PM »
For your pleasure - http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,3343.new.html
(Sorry, registered members only - It's currently Alpha code, and still crashes clients on clicked links)